Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iTouch Frustrations

iTouch Frustrations

I am new to Spotify. I have created playlists on a desktop PC and organized the lists in the order I want the songs to play. I am trying to stream the play lists to some speakers through my iTouch. My playlists show up on the iTouch, but I am running into problems . . .

1 - the songs on the iTouch show up in my playlists ordered alphabetically, rather than in the order I created. How do I sort them on the iTouch so they show up in the order I selected?

2 - on the iTouch, the only option is Shuffle Play, so I cannot play the songs in the order of the playlist. Is there a workaround?

3 - while playing on the iTouch, music will suddenly stop in the middle of a song. It looks like the Spotify app has closed and I need to reopen it to get the music going again. Any idea why?

Any other tips you have for dealing with an iTouch would be appreciated. So far, my limited time with Spotify has been very frustrating!

Thanks for your help. I am very grateful.

2 Replies

Hi Merk7!

I hope I can help!

1. Did you accidently press a filter on your desktop? Try this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Playlist-track-order/m-p/40561#M7087 On my own playlist the order follows the exact same order as the playlist on the desktop. 

2. When you are playing songs tab on the title/artist bar on the bottem bar of the app. Then on the left side of your screen there are two buttons, one for repeating and one for shuffling. If the shuffle icon is green it is activated, gray is off. (same for repeating).

3. Spotify streams the music, the sudden stop of playing music is likely to be caused by one of the following:

- Shortage of working memory (close some apps by double tapping the home button and sliding away some apps)

- Not enough room to temporarely save songs on the memory of your device (check via general settings of your device > General > Usage > Manage Storage (submenu Storage, not iCloud)) A free space of 1 GB or more at all times is advised.

- Dropped or bad connection. Spotify buffers a bit but when you are streaming and your connections drops for a few seconds this can cause your song to stop playing. Extremely annoying indeed. The best workaround for this is the awesome 'Availbable offline' feature, which you can find on the top of any playlist that your are following. This will use space on your device but decreases cellular data usage, battery usage and can prevent the sudden pausing of your songs.

I hope this helps giving you an awesome Spotify experience, let us know if this works 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star?

Thank you for your response, Ivan. 

I appreciate you pointing out the shuffle/repeat buttons. Once I deactivated shuffle, my playlist reordered to what it should be and the songs proceeded to play in the order I selected. I am not sure why selecting Shuffle causes the list to reorder on the iTouch, but it does. Oddly, the big green "Shuffle Play" button visible in my play lists remained at the top of the screen. Why there is a Shuffle Play button (in fact, the only Play option) and a separate shuffle button is beyond me.

My initial reaction to Spotify is that it is not particularly user friendly. The user interface is not intuitive. The fact that there is no Play button (ony Shuffle Play) from within a play list is just bizarre. And there are no obvious controls for fast forward, rewind or stop on the Andriod or iTouch apps (unless you open the song itself).  And that fact that I cannot make my settings global across devices is a real pain. Plus, navigating the settings options seem different on each device (e.g., settings on Android were only available for going to "Advanced Settings" in iTouch, even though no advanced settings exist in Android).

As you might imagine, I am spending too much time trying to deal with these frustrations. Oh well, I guess I should be glad that I am still within my trial period!

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Suggested posts