Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ios 8

Solved!

ios 8

upgraded to ios 8 this afternoon, reinstalled spotify, and now it will not play local files. Anytime I try and play a local file, the app crashes immediately. 

Is this what I get for upgrading a week early? Am I screwed until then? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys! Version 1.7 that was released as an update today should work with iOS 8.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I've been testing Spotify with iOS 8 since June.

Right now using version 1.6 the Spotify app crashes when playing songs in iOS 8.

Apple has asked app developers to submit their iOS 8 updates in time for the release of iOS 8 next week.

So hopefully Spotify will release an update by the time iOS 8 launches next week.

I'm having the same problem with the app, so I feel your pain.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Like what @MattSuda said, IOS8 is brand new so it will take a little time for things to "work out". But hopefully the problem will be fixed for you as soon as possible! 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

This kind of sucks.  I have been running iOS 8 since Beta 1.  From Beta 2 on to even the GM seed that I installed last night, Spotify will only run once and if I get out and let it sit idle to long, will not run again.  I have to delete it and re-install.  Rinse, repeat.  It's rather annoying that Spotify has not made any advancement towards releasing updates.  They can install and run the beta just like myself.  Isn't that what it's for (testing)?  Then again, other friends have the same phone (5S + iOS 😎 and don't have the issue.  I am curious as to what it might be.  Really annoying.

Marked as solution

Hey guys! Version 1.7 that was released as an update today should work with iOS 8.

MattSudaSpotify Star

It's actually worse.  It's stuck at starting and doesn't even get to the login screen.  At least with the previous version, I could login and play music.  Once.

Now, won't even load the app.

Have you tried a reinstall? It's working fine for me using iOS 8 GM

MattSudaSpotify Star

Reinstall of Spotify?  Yes, 3 times and a hard reset twice of my phone.

@SpotifyCares on Twitter says another iOS update will be coming next week for iOS 8. I guess we'll have to see if that's true.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts