Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ipad vs android app

ipad vs android app

I own an ipad mini.

Bought it two years ago for a lot of money, for about 450 Euros for the small gsm modell.

I use it for spotify or maybe better: I used it for spotify.

It is awful sluggish. I reset the ipad and in my final tests I only had one app installed to it: spotify.

It remained awful slow.

I have about 400 albums in my list and scrolling through them is like watching leaves grow on a tree..

On the other side I have an old kindle fire HD, I bought it on a sale at amazon for about 80 Euros, about a year ago.

It is full with appsm that I, to be honest don't use very much. But I do use spotiify with it.

And it is snappy as I would expect it.

So let me put it short: I do not get it.

How can an almost high end iPad end up beeing awful slow and a cheap android tablet be times faster and more reliable?

Is apple forcing me to buy a new iPad? Something I will never do again?

I think, the spotify developers are making the app as usable as they can, but the ipad, the ios, is slowing it down.

I am running version 8 of ios and would be hapy to downgrade. Something, Apple is not letting me do... 

I tested the version 9 beta of ios on my ipad and it is not faster... maybe it is the beta, I do not know...

So if anyone is experiencing the same drawbacks, get yourself a cheap android device.

Even my old Samsung S3 phone does a ver good job to playback spotify, connected to an old Luxman Amp... Not sluggish, good sound quality..

To me IOS and ipad Mini and Spotify is a match made in hell...

just my two cents...

regards

Oliver

2 Replies

Hi and first of all, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Second of all, it makes me sad to hear that Spotify does not work as intended on your iPad Mini. Which model of iPad Mini is it, the first one - if I understand you correctly? As of the release of iOS 8 the first iPad Mini model sufferd from som sluggishness, hopefully the final release of iOS 9 will help that and make the iPad quciker overall.

I really hope that it will work better with Spotify + iPad Mini in the future. Updates are release on a regular basis, so please try again in a couple of weeks. 🙂

Have a nice one,

Regards

Lucas

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.

Hi Lucas,

thank you for your reply.

It is a first generation iPad mini, yes.

But no need to be sad. As I mentioned, my workaround is a cheap Kindle Fire HD, that works great.

I wanted to point out that I simply do not understand and that is not the fault of spotify, why the ipad mini is so sluggish compared to the supercheap kindle ...

I doubt it that IOS 9 will fix that but we will see.. I am trying to sell the ipad and so the problem is solved the hard way 🙂

regards

Oliver

Suggested posts