Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iphone 5 usb sync issues

Solved!

iphone 5 usb sync issues

hey,

Im new to spotify and i upgraded to premium account.

i was wondering is there any way to get my iphone 5 to sync via usb??

because it takes hours to sync playlists via wifi and if i cant find a faster way there is no point in having a premium account!

thank!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Currently the only way to sync is via WiFi, there is no way to sync via USB.

Sorry for the inconvenience. =(

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Currently the only way to sync is via WiFi, there is no way to sync via USB.

Sorry for the inconvenience. =(

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

well that sucks ill have to quit my premium account then because there is no use for it when i cant listen to offline music

thanks

Has this still not been fixed? USB sync is essential for speed reasons as previously noted? Thanks. 

This is terrible. How has this not been addressed?!

Spotify won't Sync by USB for iPhones!? That is a school boy design error in my eyes. Sort it out spotify.

I changed back to iTunes because of this for my iPhone, now I've realised Apple are also stupid and the latest version of iTunes will not let you add the current playing song to an existing playlist directly from the playing window.

Are all app developers constantly on crack now?!

Sort it out you <language-Peter>

Have you ever considered there might be a technical reason why this isn't possible? 

For example, the Spotify app on iOS uses a data cache to store offline content, they are not individual files such as mp3's you would copy onto your device like iTunes. With that in mind, that data has to be passed through the Spotify application, to my knowledge USB connectivity is limited on iOS devices for security reasons. Transferring via WiFi where the app can simply download the data is a far simpler and effective method. 

Also, we have some young'uns on this community, so lets keep the language clean please.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts