Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iphone5 won't sync

iphone5 won't sync

I bought an iphone5 and have been trying to sync my playlist (~2,000 songs) to the spotify premium account. It won't sync any more. It synced about 1/3 of the songs and stopped syncing even though I put every list on "available offline" mode.

Aside from re-installing - any other advice?

Thank you!!!!!!

6 Replies

Turning the phone off and on again.

Have you tried a hard reset of your iPhone?

(If that doesn’t work, reset iPhone. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.)

/Daniel

Spotify does not work with the iPhone 5S.

I've followed all the advice about logging out and back in, reinstalling (I've done that twice) and updating to the most recent version of ios7.

iPhone 5S users have to wait for the next Spotify release and pray for a bug fix.

Contact customer support to negotiate a partial refund or cancel your subscription until the fix is applied across the platform. 

@linguinigenie wrote:

Spotify does not work with the iPhone 5S.

I've followed all the advice about logging out and back in, reinstalling (I've done that twice) and updating to the most recent version of ios7.

iPhone 5S users have to wait for the next Spotify release and pray for a bug fix.

Contact customer support to negotiate a partial refund or cancel your subscription until the fix is applied across the platform. 

That's not entirely true, a few of my friends with 5S's are listening fine. 

Did customer support say it was broken (assuming you got in touch)? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It's clearly not properly supported. Laptop not picking up the device. Device not showing playlists. Multiple threads in Community filled with users saying none of the advice works.

I know this is not entirely unusual for newly released products but it's been six weeks since the 5S launched. This is a paid for service. Pretty awful delay on the bug fix.

No response from customer support yet. Probably drowning in the complaints.

Suggested posts