Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Bug: iOS - Settings - Push messages automatically enabled after I have disabled them?

Hi, Since the last update of the iOS app the push settings are enabled automatically each time I disable them. Sometimes just 1 setting sometimes all seven. I think this happens when I switch between on/offline mode, but cannot reproduce this complet...

• Hi,   Since the last update of the iOS app the push settings are enabled automatically each time I disable them. Sometimes just 1 setting sometimes all seven. I think this happens when ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Making Playlists on iPhone/iPad Visable to friends without a laptop- HELP!!!

Hello, I am currenty travelling, and do not have a laptop with me- just my phone and iPad. I have downloaded Spotify (premium) on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 (synced) but when friends go to look at my playlists, they are not visable- can anyone help me/ l...

• Hello,   I am currenty travelling, and do not have a laptop with me- just my phone and iPad. I have downloaded Spotify (premium) on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 (synced) but when friends go t...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes iPhone camera?

Hi!When Spotify is playing, I can't take photos with the iPhone camera app. Both Spotify and Camera crash when I push the button to take a picture. When Spotify is not opened, I can just take pictures. This only happens when Spotify is playing.Don't ...

• Hi! When Spotify is playing, I can't take photos with the iPhone camera app. Both Spotify and Camera crash when I push the button to take a picture. When Spotify is not opened, I can just take pic...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Smartphone

I'm looking into getting a smart phone (not an iphone)...I've been "old school" all along and have never owned a smart phone...can you put spotify subscription on any smart phone or does it have to be an iphone? Thank you!!

• Regular
  • I'm looking into getting a smart phone (not an iphone)...I've been "old school" all along and have never owned a smart phone...can you put spotify subscription on any smart phone or does it have to b...
  • haasnd
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I still need HELP.

okay so I had my devices reset, but I am having the same problem. I am a Spotify Free User on an iPhone 5. Every time I try to sync a playlist (with mostly local files) for "available offline, it gives me the "only premium users" message on my comput...

• Music Fan
  • okay so I had my devices reset, but I am having the same problem. I am a Spotify Free User on an iPhone 5. Every time I try to sync a playlist (with mostly local files) for "available offline, it giv...
  • StealthGC
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone 4s app crashes

I have an iPhone 4s running ios 6.1.3. I recently upgraded to Spotify Premium so that I could listen to Spotify on my iPhone. The application crashes so routinely that the app is unusable. I have already tried the restarting the phone, reinstalling t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 4s running ios 6.1.3.  I recently upgraded to Spotify Premium so that I could listen to Spotify on my iPhone.  The application crashes so routinely that the app is unusable...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Subscribing to Spotify on IPad

I'm using both the Windows desktop and IPad versions. On the IPad I'm told that my 30 day trial has expired. How do I subscribe to the premium (Plus) version on my IPad?

• I'm using both the Windows desktop and IPad versions. On the IPad I'm told that my 30 day trial has expired. How do I subscribe to the premium (Plus) version on my IPad?
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can anyone from Spotify answer this question? HELP!

Hi. In regards to the 3 devices maximum, I have a simple problem. I sold one of my previous devices that had offline content on it. I only have Spotify free. I got a new iPhone and it is my 4th device with Spotify. I can't sync any playlists. every t...

• Music Fan
  • Hi. In regards to the 3 devices maximum, I have a simple problem. I sold one of my previous devices that had offline content on it. I only have Spotify free. I got a new iPhone and it is my 4th devic...
  • StealthGC
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble syncing

Hi all. I am having so much trouble with this that I think I might be crazy. I used to have a Toshiba laptop with Spotify, and was able to sync certain playlists to my iPhone and iPad. I had some for offline use, but was always able to get to every s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all.  I am having so much trouble with this that I think I might be crazy.  I used to have a Toshiba laptop with Spotify, and was able to sync certain playlists to my iPhone and iPad. &n...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5

I have Spotify premium. When I add new songs to my playlist they won't download but they show the green arrow instantly as if they downloaded. I know it can't happen that fast. Then when I try to play them nothing happens. No error no music nothing. ...

• I have Spotify premium. When I add new songs to my playlist they won't download but they show the green arrow instantly as if they downloaded. I know it can't happen that fast. Then when I try to pla...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Same here

Exact same problem. Causing me to go over my data limit! Costing me a fortune.

• Exact same problem. Causing me to go over my data limit! Costing me a fortune.
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists don't work (buffering symbol)

I recently updated the Spotify app on my iPhone 5. Since then, I haven't been able to use the app offline.- First, it deleted all the offline content I had on my phone (about 3000 songs) without me asking for it.- Then, once all the content was synce...

• I recently updated the Spotify app on my iPhone 5. Since then, I haven't been able to use the app offline. - First, it deleted all the offline content I had on my phone (about 3000 songs) without ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play track

Hello. Im actually paying for the premium account and I cant seem to play a whole track without it "unable to play track". How an i solve this problem? Should i cancel my subscription?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. Im actually paying for the premium account and I cant seem to play a whole track without it "unable to play track". How an i solve this problem? Should i cancel my subscription?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I am paying for a service that I can't use

I have paid for spotify premium for a few months. Two months ago i switched phones and carriers. I can't remember my login info for spotify so i am paying for something i can't access and there is no one to contact!!!!!

• I have paid for spotify premium for a few months. Two months ago i switched phones and carriers. I can't remember my login info for spotify so i am paying for something i can't access and there is no...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Works With iOS 7 Beta

Spotify works just fine on iOS 7 beta if anyone was worried to test it out. I just want to let everyone know it works. Local track syncing works too. Have fun beta testers! UPDATE: I've tested Windows 7 & 8 and it allows local file syncing with iOS 7...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify works just fine on iOS 7 beta if anyone was worried to test it out.   I just want to let everyone know it works.   Local track syncing works too.   Have fun beta te...
  • grelca
  • Regular
  • 25 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Premium on the IPHONE 4S

Hiya, I downloaded the premium app 2 weeks ago and it wont let me play any music!! I have 'offline mode' off I can search singers and click on to their album but it wont let me play any songs the only option i have is "Shuffle play", when i click thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hiya,   I downloaded the premium app 2 weeks ago and it wont let me play any music!!   I have 'offline mode' off   I can search singers and click on to their album but it w...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play tracks on my iphone

Hi, I just paid 4.99 £ and upgraded to Soptify premium, but am unable to play any tracks on my i-phone 5. I have the same account on my i-phone as PC where I signed up for the upgrade. I have also deleted and reinstalled the app and looged in and out...

• Hi, I just paid 4.99 £ and upgraded to Soptify premium, but am unable to play any tracks on my i-phone 5.   I have the same account on my i-phone as PC where I signed up for the upgrade. &...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why won't my Spotify recommendations play in my iPad app?

Recently got an iPad and when I get an emailed recommendation list from Spotify and click the play link it doesn't open my app. Instead it opens Safari and tries to make me login to the web player. When I use my iPhone this doesn't happen - the play ...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently got an iPad and when I get an emailed recommendation list from Spotify and click the play link it doesn't open my app. Instead it opens Safari and tries to make me login to the web player. ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Please help I can't get premium and spotify wont work on my Iphone 5

Ok so IM in china for school and love my music. But I can only get spotify to work on my Mac laptop and it plays like its a premium account but its not so that's ok. I want to buy the premium account tho but its not letting me get to the payment page...

• Ok so IM in china for school and love my music. But I can only get spotify to work on my Mac laptop and it plays like its a premium account but its not so that's ok. I want to buy...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

I have some of my tracks synced but others won't. I switch it off and back on an it gets so far and then stops. It just shows an orange exclamation point? It's pretty inconvenient when only half your playlist can be played offline

• Casual Listener
  • I have some of my tracks synced but others won't. I switch it off and back on an it gets so far and then stops. It just shows an orange exclamation point? It's pretty inconvenient when only half your...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes