Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iPhone 4S playlists not syncing in wifi or 3G!!

I'm having a problem with my playlists none are syncing for offline playback in wifi or 3G I've heard it pauses after its been left idle but I've kept it open with songs playing still no joy.. I'm new to this but I'm sure I'm doing everything correct...

• Regular
  • I'm having a problem with my playlists none are syncing for offline playback in wifi or 3G I've heard it pauses after its been left idle but I've kept it open with songs playing still no joy.. I'm ne...
  • JenniferT
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync music for offline playlist on iphone

Hi everyone,I just started my Spotify premium account. I uploaded around 40 songs to my offline playlist on my iphone last week, but since then i have problems to sync new playlists. I can see that it tries to sync but it is always saying "1 of 32 so...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone, I just started my Spotify premium account. I uploaded around 40 songs to my offline playlist on my iphone last week, but since then i have problems to sync new playlists. I can see that...
  • mirlenia
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't use my iphone 4s in offline mode! tracks wont sync!

My spotify account on my desktop computer says that all of the playlists I have chosen to be available offline are fully synced and ready to go. When I click on the playlists to make them available offline on my iphone, the playlists consistently rem...

• My spotify account on my desktop computer says that all of the playlists I have chosen to be available offline are fully synced and ready to go. When I click on the playlists to make them available o...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Long Playlist Names freezes App

Hi there! I found out that long playlist names are a problem for the iOS Spotify App, especially in the full screen mode. In my example (look at the playlist: Zen Meditation and Natural White Noise...), which I have imported to my library, but not do...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there!   I found out that long playlist names are a problem for the iOS Spotify App, especially in the full screen mode.    In my example (look at the playlist: Zen Meditation a...
  • kain0rer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists vanishing completely while offline on iOS app

I am on a 4S with OS 5.1.1 I downloaded the new app last week, and since then, despite not changing a single thing on any of my three devices, I have been unable to retain my list of playlists on my phone, let alone those that are synced to be availa...

• I am on a 4S with OS 5.1.1 I downloaded the new app last week, and since then, despite not changing a single thing on any of my three devices, I have been unable to retain my list of playlists on my...
  • hreichgott
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Resubscribed to Spotify Premium and No songs work on iPhone or Computer

two days ago, July 18, 2013, i Resubscribed to Spotify Premium after it said my payment method did not work for that month... reason, i have no idea. Anyways i resusribed with my credit card and when i log in on the web site it says you are using Pre...

• two days ago, July 18, 2013, i Resubscribed to Spotify Premium after it said my payment method did not work for that month... reason, i have no idea. Anyways i resusribed with my credit card and when...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won't sync to iPhone 5

After the latest update spotify won't sync local files to neither my iPhone 5 nor my iPad 3, they both show up under "devices" but selecting playlists to sync doesn't do anything, and then spotify automatically selects "sync all". On the "local files...

• Casual Listener
  • After the latest update spotify won't sync local files to neither my iPhone 5 nor my iPad 3, they both show up under "devices" but selecting playlists to sync doesn't do anything, and then spotify au...
  • kolakola
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Updated Spotify on iPhone 5 (6.1.4) and all of my music was deleted from my phone

I've been trying to resync it but each time I click on a playlist in the Spotify desktop version, it deselects it automatically and switches to "sync all playlists to this device" Also, tapping on "available offline" on the Spotify iPhone version doe...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to resync it but each time I click on a playlist in the Spotify desktop version, it deselects it automatically and switches to "sync all playlists to this device"   Also, ta...
  • kolakola
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS7 Multitasking

Hey there, this post is meant for those who already have the latest iOS7Beta on their Devices.My Question: Is it possible to download playlists without that silly 10 Minutes Task-Killing we actually have in iOS6?

• Roadie
  • Hey there, this post is meant for those who already have the latest iOS7Beta on their Devices. My Question: Is it possible to download playlists without that silly 10 Minutes Task-Killing we actua...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't play

Hello, I have an odd problem on my iPhone5 using premium spotify with headphones. Often after a track or playlist has finished all sounds on the entire phone shuts down. At the next track spotify simply doesn't play and if I try to play anything else...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I have an odd problem on my iPhone5 using premium spotify with headphones. Often after a track or playlist has finished all sounds on the entire phone shuts down. At the next track ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with one song skipping halfway through

I'm having a problem with only one song where after a minute or so the song skips like it is over, but there's still a whole two minutes left. Also, it happens at the exact same spot every time too. This only happens on my phone and not on the webapp...

• Regular
  • I'm having a problem with only one song where after a minute or so the song skips like it is over, but there's still a whole two minutes left. Also, it happens at the exact same spot every time too. ...
  • emanser
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist not synching to iPhone

help I have done everything i can to get my iphone to synch and it just sits at 2 of 133.....

• Casual Listener
  • help I have done everything i can to get my iphone to synch and it just sits at 2 of 133.....
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [iOS] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your iPhone or iPad? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Try a soft reset. Press and hold the Home and Lock buttons for 10 seconds until the device reboots. If that doesn’t he...

• Spotify Legend
  • Having trouble with Spotify on your iPhone or iPad? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again.   What to try first   Try a soft reset. Press and hold the Home a...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 15 likes

Songs skipping/not finishing

There are about 10 songs that skip about a minute or two into them and then it goes on to the next song on my ipod touch. It works fine on my desktop and on the ipod, it skips in the same spot every time. I've tried re-syncing/downloading them to the...

• Regular
  • There are about 10 songs that skip about a minute or two into them and then it goes on to the next song on my ipod touch. It works fine on my desktop and on the ipod, it skips in the same spot e...
  • haasnd
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS App - Blank or Missing Playlist tracks

I have updated my app on iOS but my playlists are not matching up to my Mac app. Some of the tracks shold be on the iOS app but are not able to be played. I get a sync message erroneously. I have already marked these to be sync'd or the tracks are al...

• I have updated my app on iOS but my playlists are not matching up to my Mac app.   Some of the tracks shold be on the iOS app but are not able to be played. I get a sync message erroneously....
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won't play on iPhone 4

Hi! Recently, my iPhone app denies playing my local files. They are not grey, and they are marked as synced, but when try to play them, I get a message saying the track issn't synced, and that if I own the track, I can sync it from my computer. I hav...

• Hi!  Recently, my iPhone app denies playing my local files. They are not grey, and they are marked as synced, but when  try to play them, I get a message saying the track issn't synced, a...
  • NolanDahl
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

cant sync on iiphone 4s

I am trying to sync my music to my iphone, and it stops after syncing a few songs. I can no longer sync for some reason, its working fine on the computer but not on my phone. Please Help

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to sync my music to my iphone, and it stops after syncing a few songs.  I can no longer sync for some reason, its working fine on the computer but not on my phone.  Please Help
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover feature for ipad

Does the Discover music feature exist on the ipad? I found it on my ipone but not ipad. It's probably staring me right in the face.

• Visitor
  • Does the Discover music feature exist on the ipad?  I found it on my ipone but not ipad.  It's probably staring me right in the face.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Deactivate Pause syncing

I was wondering if there's a way to deactivate the option that pause the syncing of the playlist, and if there's not that would be a request cause is annoying to have to check every time if your songs are syncing

• I was wondering if there's a way to deactivate the option that pause the syncing of the playlist, and if there's not that would be a request cause is annoying to have to check every time if your song...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • syncing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes