new running feature not showing up

Solved!

new running feature not showing up

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi. I recently updated my spotify app in order to take advantage of the new update, specifically the running feature. However, I am not seeing the new updates. I even deleted and reinstalled the app. I am in the US, and I believe this feature was rolled out yesterday? Shouldn't I be able to view this by now?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: new running feature not showing up

blackhawkdriver
Music Fan

New version of Spotify out, 3.4.0, and I'm happy to say that I now have the running feature with my premium account! Check it out...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Sagethefool
Regular

I finally got it after this update, but I had to shut down Spotify and restart it before it showed up.

Highlighted
Solution!

argylebunny
Casual Listener

I only got this app because a colleague showed me how the running feature works (theoretically awesome), but after logging out, then logging in, and when that didn't work, uninstalling, and reinstalling...still no changes. I have an android (ver. 5), and the app requires 4.3 if i read the requirements correctly. What's going on?!

PS. I realize this is an iOS thread...but I can't find an android thread, and the requirements do say that running is available for android users

running.PNG
Highlighted
Solution!

hokeyh

I just found a threat saying it's been moved.. You can find it under Browse > Genres & Moods 🙂

58 Replies
Highlighted

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey @user-removed

The feature is still rolling out so not everyone has it yet. Hopefully you'll have it soon!

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Thanks for the update! Is there any info on when the rollout will be complete? Or how I will know when it's available? I've been dreaming of this feature for sooo long! I can't wait to try it out!

Highlighted

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hopefully within the next few weeks.

You will see a new "Running" section in the sidebar of the iOS app

Highlighted

slondon12
Casual Listener

Am I the only person who thinks it's kind of crap the way that Spotify chose to do this? My friend sitting right next to me has the running feature and I do not... he is a trial user and I have been a loyal user for two years. So Spotify arbitrarily rolls out a new feature that I want to random individuals and I don't have the opportunity to partake or beta? Crap.

Highlighted

CSchiffner
Casual Listener
You are definitely not alone. We're on a family plan. My account is the primary. I still do not have the Running feature but the secondary account does. It's rather infuriating.
Highlighted

j4m1eb
Music Fan

I'm still waiting too, Premium users for 5 years, and recently family too. Why don’t they roll it out to lotyal users first!

Highlighted

Ryanalberts
Casual Listener
I've had Spotify Premium pretty much since the beginning and I don't have the Running App yet. What the hell was Spotify thinking when they came up with the rollout plan?
Highlighted

Chaated
Casual Listener
Same here - premium user for years. No running. Absolutely ridiculous.
Highlighted

NickySticks
Agreed, this is ridiculous! I am an avid runner and this feature is something that I have been looking forward to for a long time. Pretty frustrating that this was not rolled out to everyone at the same time as an update.
SUGGESTED POSTS