Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

new running feature not showing up

Solved!

new running feature not showing up

Hi. I recently updated my spotify app in order to take advantage of the new update, specifically the running feature. However, I am not seeing the new updates. I even deleted and reinstalled the app. I am in the US, and I believe this feature was rolled out yesterday? Shouldn't I be able to view this by now?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

New version of Spotify out, 3.4.0, and I'm happy to say that I now have the running feature with my premium account! Check it out...

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I finally got it after this update, but I had to shut down Spotify and restart it before it showed up.

Marked as solution

I only got this app because a colleague showed me how the running feature works (theoretically awesome), but after logging out, then logging in, and when that didn't work, uninstalling, and reinstalling...still no changes. I have an android (ver. 5), and the app requires 4.3 if i read the requirements correctly. What's going on?!

PS. I realize this is an iOS thread...but I can't find an android thread, and the requirements do say that running is available for android users

running.PNG
Marked as solution

I just found a threat saying it's been moved.. You can find it under Browse > Genres & Moods 🙂

58 Replies

Hey @user-removed

The feature is still rolling out so not everyone has it yet. Hopefully you'll have it soon!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the update! Is there any info on when the rollout will be complete? Or how I will know when it's available? I've been dreaming of this feature for sooo long! I can't wait to try it out!

Hopefully within the next few weeks.

You will see a new "Running" section in the sidebar of the iOS app

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Am I the only person who thinks it's kind of crap the way that Spotify chose to do this? My friend sitting right next to me has the running feature and I do not... he is a trial user and I have been a loyal user for two years. So Spotify arbitrarily rolls out a new feature that I want to random individuals and I don't have the opportunity to partake or beta? Crap.

You are definitely not alone. We're on a family plan. My account is the primary. I still do not have the Running feature but the secondary account does. It's rather infuriating.

I'm still waiting too, Premium users for 5 years, and recently family too. Why don’t they roll it out to lotyal users first!

I've had Spotify Premium pretty much since the beginning and I don't have the Running App yet. What the hell was Spotify thinking when they came up with the rollout plan?

Same here - premium user for years. No running. Absolutely ridiculous.

Agreed, this is ridiculous! I am an avid runner and this feature is something that I have been looking forward to for a long time. Pretty frustrating that this was not rolled out to everyone at the same time as an update.

Honestly, Premium users need to have priority to features like this.

Same here, it is frustrating to not have this feature.  Considering we are on a family plan.

Still no Running feature available for me. Got the Running feature welcome screen the other day thinking the feature would be there -- still nothing. Logged out, logged back in -- still nothing. Deleted app and redownloaded -- still nothing. What's going on Spotify?!

Same thing here, "Logged out, logged back in -- still nothing. Deleted app and redownloaded -- still nothing. What's going on Spotify?!"

My co-worker has it on his phone...nothing still on mine...this is a bit ridiculous...how in the world will this ever compete with Apple's newly announced Music service?! C'MON!

Same here and hat's what I find completely ridiculous. Buddy of mine has the same phone, same firmware, same network, same version of Spotify... he has it, I don't. Can't understand... hoping for some sort of solution sooner than later. I was really looking forward to this new running feature as I already used Spotify with Nike+ for my runs.

Hello i had the same problem i was wondering if you have resolved the issue since you posted this message and what did you do?  I received a "whats new " noticed saying that i have the running option but still do not. Hopefully spotify will make a big announcement when this problem is resolved so i am not guessing when i should be running a new update for this app. 

Yes, what worked for me is to keep writing support and complaining until they escalate you.

I received a pop up notification that the running feature was available, but like a previous poster it did not appear in the sidebar. I force quit the Spotify app and reopened it. Then the feature appeared.

Lucky you, I'm jealous. When I received the pop up notification that the Running feature was now available I was ecstatic. It's been 3 days now and the actual feature still isn't there. As mentioned in a previous post I logged out and back in -- nothing. Deleted app and reinstalled -- nothing. Kind of weird how Spotify decided to roll this out...

I still don't have my running feature, either. All up to date, everything. Got the e-mail that says everyone has it. Turned app off and on, deleted app and re-downloaded and logged in again. Nothing. Very disappointing.

Suggested posts