Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

premium not working on iphone

Solved!

premium not working on iphone

Hi,

my premium account dosnt work on my iphone anymore. Playlists are gone and when i try to stream a song it says: "You need a premium account to play this song".

Why is this?

last premium order id: 76591768015

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Welcome to the Community! Looks like you have two accounts here. A new, free account created through Facebook, and your Premium account, attached to the username 'danieljoergensen'.

Just make sure you log in with the username 'danieljoergensen' and your Spotify password, and you'll access the right account. You'll be able to relink it to Facebook once you're in.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi,

my premium account dosnt work on my iphone anymore. Playlists are gone and when i try to stream a song it says: "You need a premium account to play this song".

Why is this?

last premium order id: 1218279597

Marked as solution

My premium account got shut off a few days ago, i just paid it today, it was taken out of my account, but it is saying I am not a premium user. This is very frustrating, I've tried everything please help!

Marked as solution

Jester463 - Ok, it was only that I could see you hadn't logged in before. If you could you contact Customer Support, they'll get it sorted for you.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

The first thing to do if your Premium isn't working is check your subscription page

Once you've confirmed you've got an active subscription, try logging out and logging back in. 

Your final step should be a clean reinstallation. The Premium service will start on your phone shortly. 

Marked as solution

Webworks - How's that working for you now?

Tomas_M - I believe you've got two accounts with us. The account linked to your Community email just had a 2-day trial back in October. 

Did you create a unique username when you first joined?

Marked as solution

If you have just subscribed and your device is not detecting your premium, have a read at this dedicated topic.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

117 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Welcome to the Community! Looks like you have two accounts here. A new, free account created through Facebook, and your Premium account, attached to the username 'danieljoergensen'.

Just make sure you log in with the username 'danieljoergensen' and your Spotify password, and you'll access the right account. You'll be able to relink it to Facebook once you're in.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

HELP!!! I have had premium for a couple of months now and today my Spotify does not work on my iPhone.  It says that I am not a premium user but I am!!! I have the account set up through my Facebook.  I am a paying customer and therefore expect to use Spotify on my phone!

Msherid - It looks like there was some trouble taking the previous payment. It does look to be sorted now though, are you now able to log in?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi I have a similar problem on my Iphone 4 this morning.

I can login with my FB account  but all my playlist are gone !

And I have a messge (in french) : "Votre offre d'essai expire dans 47 heures" -> it seems that I am recognized by the app like a free member.

Can somebody fix that problem please ?

Charles

Hi in the last week or so spotify stopped working on my Ipad.  It will play a song for 57 seconds then stop.  It is having an issue with syncing all my playlists as well.  Any Solution for this?  It is really frustrating when you pay and cant use the app.  I also unisntalled it and re-installed it and still nothing. 

Please help!

Hi,

There is a problem setting my spotify to online mode on my iphone, it continuously says "connecting..." so i cannot search or add any new songs.

any idea why this is?

Benn14 - This may be related to a little server hiccup that's been going on, can you get in now?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Mod,

I am having the same problem but it has lasted over for about 3 days. Premium account on iPhone 3G but the app is constantly saying "connecting" so it renders the service essentially unusable.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

My 48 hour Spotifyl worked perfectly.  Now I signed up for the 30 trial, and it does not work on my Iphone.  When I turn on Spotify, it plays one song half way through, stops & won't play anything else.

No songs from radio/playlists, etc. will play  on my phone, whether or not I'm connected to wifi.  I have fiddled with online/offline mode and this doesn't seem to make a difference.  I'm sure that I have clicked "available offline" for each playlist on my computer's spotify account, but still nothing at all will play...even when i'm connected to the internet on my phone.

Mightyelh - Have you synced your music to be 'Available offline' before you turned the app 'Offline'?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I reinstalled Spotify, now it works perfectly.

I just subscribed to premium, but it isn't working on my phone or on my computer. How can I fix it?

I just signed up for the 30 day premium trial and I cannot get it to work in my iphone.  It keeps telling me "Only Premium users can stream on demand."  Help please?  

I downloaded the Spotify app a month ago. After the 48 hour trial ended I decided to use the free radio station. Well today I purchased the premium subscription so I can listen to music on my iphone. How do I get the premium to appear on my iphone because it will only play through radio station?

hey huys i just bought the premium in my computer but its not going to my iphone eventhough i logged in correctly, plss HELP ASAP

Hi,

Im having the same issues with my premium account. I just upgraded my account about an hour ago and when i tried to play a certain song, it says that i have to upgrade to premium. I logged in and out and reninstalled the application but im still getting the same error. pleas help!!

thank you

Me too. I signed up for the premium account a couple of hours ago and receive the same prompt when I try and play a song on an iPad. Deleted and reinstalled the app, but I still get the same message.

sorry, NOW it works perfectly

Suggested posts