Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

premium not working on iphone

Solved!

premium not working on iphone

Hi,

my premium account dosnt work on my iphone anymore. Playlists are gone and when i try to stream a song it says: "You need a premium account to play this song".

Why is this?

last premium order id: 76591768015

117 Replies

I'm having the same problem as everyone else here.  I have a premium account, but my iphone insists that I don't and won't let me stream music, only play silly radio stations.  I am made of sad.  Can you help me Spotify?

Same as everyone. I just signed up for premium and showing as such online. My iphone 5 app is up to date and I have restarted it and the phone itself but spotify app is still saying I can't stream music because I am not premium - only radio.

Help? 

@noahkeen77 wrote:

Same as everyone. I just signed up for premium and showing as such online. My iphone 5 app is up to date and I have restarted it and the phone itself but spotify app is still saying I can't stream music because I am not premium - only radio.

Help? 

Are you sure you are signing in with your Premium account details?

If so, try a clean reinstallation of the app.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Tried to relog back in a few times + uninstalledl/reinstalled the app on my iPhone4 and it's still not recognizing the 30 day Premium trial. ;[ Please fix. 

@AshGoMo0 wrote:

Tried to relog back in a few times + uninstalledl/reinstalled the app on my iPhone4 and it's still not recognizing the 30 day Premium trial. ;[ Please fix. 

Strange! 

Are you sure you are logging in using the correct details? Does your account say premium on your online overview?

Peter

Peter

Mine does not work on my iPhone, either.  I have a Premium membership.

Inacwithana - Are you still having trouble?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have Premium and it works fine on desktop but does not work on iOS.  Yes I am signed in with the premium account (not Facebook).

I just signed up for Spotify Premium and my iPhone app will not recognize that I am now a Premium subscriber.  How does this get fixed? 

Marked as solution

If you have just subscribed and your device is not detecting your premium, have a read at this dedicated topic.

Peter

Peter

Hey!

Can't access premium on my iphone or mac. Subscribed yesterday again after having a time out, wasn't any problems with the charge. Have been charged, checked my account.
Never been a problem earilier, I've had premium for several years. However, this time it said on my account page that I had premium but only if I went to my account page from the client spotify.

If I would log into my account directly from spotify.com it said I had spotify free. That username to log on was the same and the password, but when I had logged in throw the homepage it showed that my username was my fullname which it isn't. 
I've never connected spotify with facebook either. I logged in with spotify details.
If I put on a song on the iphone it just says that I don't have premium.
Greatful for answers.

Sincerly, 
Musicless on the subway

I have a similar problem.  I just upgraded to premium but it is not working on my iphone.  Any advice?

Dear Musicless on the subway, 

Let's get this sorted. We can't have you musicless for your daily commute. 

What's happened is you've made two accounts. You've recently upgraded the one linked to Facebook rather than your original one. 

Not to fear--this can be easily fixed. Just fill out the contact form so we can help via email. 

@sbulter3 - I'd take a look at this post here. It's got all the info you need:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Just-upgraded-Not-getting-Premium/td-p/23...

I bought premium through my computer and it won't even work on my iPhone... was I supposed to buy it somewhere else if I wanted it for my phone? My friend said she bought it on her computer, but after the purchase went through I realized it never asked for my number. I thought it was gonna come up on the next page then all the sudden the next page said a reciept was sent to my email... so I was charged. I want it on my phone though, not just my computer!!

I'm having the same problem. I am really frustrated and disappointed. I can't play music from albums. I reported earlier but I read that there is a lot of problems it seems. A mentor said wait 24 hours and I will but if it doesn't work by tomorrow. I have to cancel.

Angel

The same thing happened to me. I don't understand and have posted on the blog twice with no answer. If it doesn't work in the 24 hours I am going to cancel - 10$ is steep for radio feeds you can get free from Pandora.

My user name is rmtokyo and my premium upgrade is not working on my iphone device! any ideas what the issue is?

1210695726, johnnyangel, rmtokyo - All of your queries are answered on the thread below. You've all successfully upgraded--it's just taking a bit to reach all your devices. 

In fact, it should be working for all of you by now. If not please post here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Just-upgraded-Not-getting-Premium/td-p/23...

I'm also going to go ahead and lock this thread. If you're experiencing some trouble with your Premium after upgrading, just have a look at the link above--thanks!

Suggested posts