"Your Music" no longer synced

Solved!

"Your Music" no longer synced

kirkgale
Casual Listener

So I've been getting used to the "your music" interface and liking it for the most part, except yesterday, without explanation, the your music section on my iPhone was empty. Luckily it's still on my desktop app, but has anyone else expereinced this? I don't want to add the stuff manually on my phone, or have to keep track of two different things. Why are they no longer synced? (keep in mind this is not in offline mode, I am fully connected).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: "Your Music" no longer synced

kirkgale
Casual Listener

Just re-installed the spotify app on my phone and the artists, songs, and albums are back. Obviously I'm annoyed that I had to do this, but whatever it worked for now. However, there are some artists in the artist section that I'm definitely not following... And there's no music under them either. I'm looking into how to delete them from the mobile app (they are not on the desktop app thankfully).

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Highlighted

kirkgale
Casual Listener

Sorry forgot to mention- using version 1.1.0.2549 on iOS

pizzasogood
Gig Goer
I just noticed it on my ios device as well today to my huge shock and dismay! The point of the new Your Music was to have a place that is more organized than your average spotify user's playlist list. I am using the same version of spotify as you are.

The artists and albums and songs are still listed on my desktop app as well as my android device since I have two devices. I only use offline on my ios device.

What's upsetting is that the Songs tab was organized in such a way that new songs added were at the top of that list; in other words, I knew which songs and albums were recently added and that is a very important function for me... Please help us!
Avid Spotify Premium user, treehugger, audiophile.
Spotify Premium since July 2011.
Sold 10 (and counting) Spotify Premium accounts since and refused commission.

Peter__
Community Legend
Could you try rebooting your devices by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple logo appears on screen. Does that make any difference to Spotify?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

MattSuda
Community Legend
Same thing is happening to me. Restarting doesn't fix it.

MattSuda
Community Legend

Ok I exited the desktop app and the iPhone app and restarted both of them and that fixed it for me.

pizzasogood
Gig Goer

I exited both apps and restarted both devices, my iOS and android devices, and that didn't help me, sadly...

EDIT: Clarify: Sorry, my desktop app, not my android app. The issue is on my iOS app.

pizzasogood
Gig Goer

It appears that the Artists that are now listed under Artists are those I am following (I am only following a few artists), which is strange, but no tracks or albums are listed under each artist. They're at 0. I really hope there's a fix for this as I'm going on a roadtrip pretty soon and in need of my Spotify working properly! X(

pizzasogood
Gig Goer

Sorry to spam this thread but I'd really appreciate some assistance here. All of the Albums and Artists on Your Music has suddenly disappeared except for the 25 Artists I'm following, to which has 0 songs, on my 64GB iPod Touch device running Spotify version 1.1.0.2549 .The device is running version 7.1.1 . I have tried logging in, closing the app, restarting my device by holding the home button and lock button until the Apple logo appears, logging back in, but the issue still persists.

The problem does not exist on my Nexus 4 Android device running Spotify version 1.0.0.82 nor does the issue exist on my iPhone 4 running Spotify version 1.1.0.2549 . All Artists and Albums and Songs appear correctly as they have been and should be on those devices. Can I get staff acknowledgement that they're looking into my issue at least? This is very strange...

Solution!

kirkgale
Casual Listener

Just re-installed the spotify app on my phone and the artists, songs, and albums are back. Obviously I'm annoyed that I had to do this, but whatever it worked for now. However, there are some artists in the artist section that I'm definitely not following... And there's no music under them either. I'm looking into how to delete them from the mobile app (they are not on the desktop app thankfully).

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS