Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Your Music" no longer synced

Solved!

"Your Music" no longer synced

So I've been getting used to the "your music" interface and liking it for the most part, except yesterday, without explanation, the your music section on my iPhone was empty. Luckily it's still on my desktop app, but has anyone else expereinced this? I don't want to add the stuff manually on my phone, or have to keep track of two different things. Why are they no longer synced? (keep in mind this is not in offline mode, I am fully connected).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just re-installed the spotify app on my phone and the artists, songs, and albums are back. Obviously I'm annoyed that I had to do this, but whatever it worked for now. However, there are some artists in the artist section that I'm definitely not following... And there's no music under them either. I'm looking into how to delete them from the mobile app (they are not on the desktop app thankfully).

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Sorry forgot to mention- using version 1.1.0.2549 on iOS

I just noticed it on my ios device as well today to my huge shock and dismay! The point of the new Your Music was to have a place that is more organized than your average spotify user's playlist list. I am using the same version of spotify as you are.

The artists and albums and songs are still listed on my desktop app as well as my android device since I have two devices. I only use offline on my ios device.

What's upsetting is that the Songs tab was organized in such a way that new songs added were at the top of that list; in other words, I knew which songs and albums were recently added and that is a very important function for me... Please help us!
Avid Spotify Premium user, treehugger, audiophile.
Spotify Premium since July 2011.
Sold 10 (and counting) Spotify Premium accounts since and refused commission.

Could you try rebooting your devices by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple logo appears on screen. Does that make any difference to Spotify?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same thing is happening to me. Restarting doesn't fix it.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ok I exited the desktop app and the iPhone app and restarted both of them and that fixed it for me.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I exited both apps and restarted both devices, my iOS and android devices, and that didn't help me, sadly...

EDIT: Clarify: Sorry, my desktop app, not my android app. The issue is on my iOS app.

It appears that the Artists that are now listed under Artists are those I am following (I am only following a few artists), which is strange, but no tracks or albums are listed under each artist. They're at 0. I really hope there's a fix for this as I'm going on a roadtrip pretty soon and in need of my Spotify working properly! X(

Sorry to spam this thread but I'd really appreciate some assistance here. All of the Albums and Artists on Your Music has suddenly disappeared except for the 25 Artists I'm following, to which has 0 songs, on my 64GB iPod Touch device running Spotify version 1.1.0.2549 .The device is running version 7.1.1 . I have tried logging in, closing the app, restarting my device by holding the home button and lock button until the Apple logo appears, logging back in, but the issue still persists.

The problem does not exist on my Nexus 4 Android device running Spotify version 1.0.0.82 nor does the issue exist on my iPhone 4 running Spotify version 1.1.0.2549 . All Artists and Albums and Songs appear correctly as they have been and should be on those devices. Can I get staff acknowledgement that they're looking into my issue at least? This is very strange...

Marked as solution

Just re-installed the spotify app on my phone and the artists, songs, and albums are back. Obviously I'm annoyed that I had to do this, but whatever it worked for now. However, there are some artists in the artist section that I'm definitely not following... And there's no music under them either. I'm looking into how to delete them from the mobile app (they are not on the desktop app thankfully).

Hm.. I was thinking of doing that but I've read somewhere that it didn't help and so I wanted to do this as a last resort because it would take hours to resync my playlists, but I'll guess I'll have try it.

Are you still having problems? I will try to have the dev in charge of Your Music contact you if you still have problems.
MattSudaSpotify Star

@MattSuda

Thanks, Matt. Reinstalling my app actually fixed the issue. I had to resync all of my offline playlists, however all of my artists and albums have been restored.

Alright, glad to hear it's been solved.
MattSudaSpotify Star

@MattSuda

Actually, the problem still persists. I just checked and the Albums and Artists have disappeared yet again!

Mine fixed itself yesrday, Your Music suddenly just started re-sycing which was a pain but at least I didn't have to re-sync all of my playlists too. Really hope this doesn't happen again though.

Awesome. Glad to hear it! Sadly your solution worked but by the next day, they all disappeared again. If it happens again, I'd like to hear from you in this thread again.

This happened to me yesterday too! Completely out of the blue.  All the playlists were marked as available offline, but the music suddenly wasn't available offline - couldn't get it to sync even by unticking the "Available offline" switch on the playlists. Was connected to wifi.  Have reinstalled the app but now having to sync all my playlists again, very annoying especially when you can't exit the app for hours while it's syncing........

I would recommend going into your device's settings and turning off auto lock for now under general settings while you resync everything.

@pizzasogood I contacted someone who works on "Your Music" to see if he can maybe post here or contact you so you can get this fixed.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts