Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

remove followers

Solved!

remove followers

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

how do i remove a follower?

66 Replies

Exactly. This is the reason I am not a paying customer. Considering
SoundCloud. Anyone use this? Is it any good?

There are some people who I do know on my Spotify account but there are 15 people who I have no idea who they are I've been getting random emails saying that they have tracked my address .because they stalk me on Spotify im only 15 and people are trying to stalk me on Spotify please make a way that we can block random users on Spotify that would be really great

sad that in five years this hasnt been fixed, spotify doesnt seem to give a **bleep** about its users

My boyfriend’s vindictive ex found my Spotify account and is using it to stalk me. This is absolutely unacceptable that it’s been this long and Spotify has done nothing. Users are at risk and they do nothing.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts in this thread.

We are aware that this is a popular request and we can see how it can be useful.

We're looking into this at the moment. We suggest that you keep an eye on this idea for updates on the matter.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Jeremy:

Thank you for your post.

We have heard this before.
We realize you are just doing your job. How about going a little beyond
that?

Have a blessed day.

I found answer. Just make new playlist. Copy all the tracks from old list and add to new. Then remove all song from old and deleta list. 🙂

Search "how to copy all tracks from spotify playlist"

Hey folks,

Writing to remind everybody about this Idea related to the topic since it's got quite big and could get even further with us supporting it. 

Don't forget to subscribe (after adding your +VOTE) to be notified with all the next updates.

More info on how your feedback will reach Spotify here.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

We would like that, instead of reminding us, you should remind Spotify's developers about this Idea. Because, I don't think you or they noticed, but said idea was posted by the user Liam on 2013-03-03, a little bit over than 8 YEARS ago and NOTHING has been done about it 🙂

Please this is a serious problem with the privacy and safety of your users, if you actually wanna have useful update that people want one of them is a blocking feature. I have people I no longer talk to following me and it makes me so uncomfortable. Since Spotify is constantly compared to social media platforms PLEASE add a blocking and removing feature. You guys go out of your way to do all these other features, for years people have asked for this and nothing has been done about it.

I would like to add my comment I found it quite absurd that I can't remove someone I do not want to follow me. This is also against EU privacy laws. This is quite urgent

It’s ridiculous that people have been asking for this feature for years and we still don’t have it. It’s so basic feature in every social media. It’s also ridiculous that we have to use this super annoying Community thing for basic feedback. I just wanted to contact Spotify so they could remove some followers for me... Anyway, hope we’ll get this feature one day.

Spotify...what is your status on this? Your lack of urgency in protecting folks privacy is completely unacceptable. Why am I paying for your service when you cannot respect basic customer requests that deal specific with privacy?
Clearly you do not value this BS community forum nor our privacy, or this issue would have been dealt with by now.
Sincerely,
Another customer lost to Apple Music.

This is a cute message...but have you actually done something about this yet?

yeah... I can't believe this! We can now see who is online, but put a block button seems impossible to spotify....

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

For now, you can get in touch with our Support team through any of these channels for further assistance with blocking followers.

Hope this helps. We'll be right here if you need anything else.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

CarlosE:

Thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions. I did check out the
site that you directed us to.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what we've been doing thus far, to no avail.
We're looking for something more. A solution. A way of blocking unwanted
followers.

Thanks again for doing your job. As mentioned to a previous moderator, who
gave us basically the same info, we're looking for you to go beyond just
doing your job. Much appreciated.

Hey @deesturbed1,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Our Customer Support team can now can help you permanently remove someone from your followers list on their end. This also means they won’t be able to follow you in the future or see your profile.

We recommend reaching out to the team once more via the link that @CarlosE posted above and they'll happily walk you through the process.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Mihail,

That's excellent news. I must have missed something. I'll check it out
again.

Much appreciated!

WE NEED THIS UPDATE. someone who harrased me follows me AND I CANT DO ANYTHING

Suggested posts