Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

synching ipod

Solved!

synching ipod

Help! I am trying to get my spotify playlists synched to my ipod and it says 'only local files were synched'. I have an account (that I pay for) what am I doing wrong here?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 😄

What type of iPod do you have? 

If it is a classic, nano or shuffle then you can only use Spotify to sync local files which you already own to the device, not any content from the Spotify catalogue. Have a read at this topic for full details.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@katealana wrote:

thank you! ok, it is a nano, so i guess it won't work that way. is it possible to sync spotify to my iphone library and then transfer these songs to itunes to transfer to my nano?

No, it is not possible to use content from Spotify in any scenario outside of the Spotify application which downloaded it. 

If you have premium, you can use the Spotify App on your iPhone, but any offline downloaded content is only accessible inside the Spotify app. 

Peter

Peter

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 😄

What type of iPod do you have? 

If it is a classic, nano or shuffle then you can only use Spotify to sync local files which you already own to the device, not any content from the Spotify catalogue. Have a read at this topic for full details.

Peter

Peter

thank you! ok, it is a nano, so i guess it won't work that way. is it possible to sync spotify to my iphone library and then transfer these songs to itunes to transfer to my nano?

Marked as solution

@katealana wrote:

No, it is not possible to use content from Spotify in any scenario outside of the Spotify application which downloaded it. 

If you have premium, you can use the Spotify App on your iPhone, but any offline downloaded content is only accessible inside the Spotify app. 

Peter

Peter

Thank you.

Hey!

First I want to say that I am not an expert on these things! 😛 Well, I have an ipod shuffle and I was trying to connect it to spotiffy, and at the beginning everything went well: he asked me if I want to save the files that I had there before erasing it, and I said yes, but I don't think it saved them, and then it started synchronizing the files. My problem is that when I disconnected and connected again, in between I formatted the ipod, I can't see anything when click in devices and my ipod, no songs, just the stripes x)

How do I put songs on my ipod now?

Thanks! 

Does anyone know if the IPOD 7th generation is compatible with spotify??

@naradke14 wrote:

Does anyone know if the IPOD 7th generation is compatible with spotify??

Not currently due to this open bug with the new lightning connectors. 

Peter

Peter

Ok, thanks. Do you know if they will fix this soon?

@naradke14 wrote:

Ok, thanks. Do you know if they will fix this soon?

I don't work for Spotify, so I do not have anymore information than what is on the topic I'm afraid. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts