Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Downloading podcasts audio only?

PlanPremiumDeviceXiaomi Redmi 5AOperating SystemAndroid 8.1 My Question or IssueHi!Some podcasts have both audio and video, like the Joe Rogan podcast for example. I tried to download a podcast on the Android app for the first time that had video, an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Xiaomi Redmi 5A Operating System Android 8.1   My Question or Issue Hi! Some podcasts have both audio and video, like the Joe Rogan podcast for example. I t...
  • Saywitz42
  • Visitor
  • 27 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Free version APP is just Unusable

Hi, Having read the forums, I can't believe that I cannot listen to a specific song on my playlist on my Android phone. Shuffle Play doesn't even play the song I've selected! So I can either play a random song... which then plays another random song,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Having read the forums, I can't believe that I cannot listen to a specific song on my playlist on my Android phone. Shuffle Play doesn't even play the song I've selected! So I can e...
  • Garrethcampbell
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

How do I install my Spotify account on my new tablet

I have premium Spotify on my old tablet want to add to new tablet.

• Visitor
  • I have premium Spotify on my old tablet want to add to new tablet.
  • kaworu_bloodpaw
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Skipping to ads in podcasts crashes playback

When I start a podcast it plays fine, but if I skip forward into an ad break the playback stops completely and the play banner disappears like nothing was playing at all. Restarting the podcast plays from the last skip before the ad break. If I let t...

• When I start a podcast it plays fine, but if I skip forward into an ad break the playback stops completely and the play banner disappears like nothing was playing at all. Restarting the podcast plays...
  • bn94c
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Lock screen widget dislike changed to like & my Spotify usage dropped a lot

Hi, Premium FamilySamsung Galaxy S22 UltraAndroid 13Spotify 8.8.10.582 when exploring Discover Weekly & Release Radar playlists I always used the dislike to very quiickly filter out the stuff I don't like, without unlocking and any other action, espe...

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-23 at 12.43.27.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Premium Family Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Android 13 Spotify 8.8.10.582   when exploring Discover Weekly & Release Radar playlists I always used the dislike to very quiickly ...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The that used to be playing for 4-5 min now plays only for 2-2:30 mins and

The songs i have saved in my playlists used listen to were 4-5 mins long and now the songs play for 2-2:30 mins and skip to the next song also size of the songs has drastically decreased whereas runtime for the whole playlist used to be 1hr and above...

• Visitor
  • The songs i have saved in my playlists used listen to were 4-5 mins long and now the songs play for 2-2:30 mins and skip to the next song also size of the songs has drastically decreased whereas runt...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hoe kom ik op spotify

Wat betekent spotify. Hoe zoek ik wat ik wil luisteren of zien

• Visitor
  • Wat betekent spotify. Hoe zoek ik wat ik wil luisteren of zien
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does spotify keep playing songs I've explicitly unliked???

Spotify keeps adding songs that I've unliked over and over and has even made entire Playlists dedicated to those songs. Wtf??? Cmon nerds, do your jobs

• Visitor
  • Spotify keeps adding songs that I've unliked over and over and has even made entire Playlists dedicated to those songs. Wtf??? Cmon nerds, do your jobs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ich habe premium kann aber nicht heruntergeladene Musik offline hören

Ich habe ein duo Abo und wenn ich zB auf einer Autofahrt also offline Musik hören möchte spielt spotify nur ca 5 Songs uns der rest ist nicht verfügbar

• Casual Listener
  • Ich habe ein duo Abo und wenn ich zB auf einer Autofahrt also offline Musik hören möchte spielt spotify nur ca 5 Songs uns der rest ist nicht verfügbar
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and Google maps integration is not working

I am following all the steps as suggested by you guys however Spotify controls or Spotify and Google maps integration is not working. I am using Oneplus 9pro. OS and app updates are up to date.

• Visitor
  • I am following all the steps as suggested by you guys however Spotify controls or Spotify and Google maps integration is not working. I am using Oneplus 9pro. OS and app updates are up to date.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast not playing

Music plays just fine, podcasts won't play. Reinstalled app and cleared cache and no luck

• Music plays just fine, podcasts won't play. Reinstalled app and cleared cache and no luck
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution In podcast "Your Episodes", it does not always removed played episodes.

In the Android app podcast "Your Episode Settings", select 'Remove played After 24 hours'. It does NOT remove played episodes if they were completed on a different device (ie Desktop).If you select "After playing", it immediately removes all played e...

• Regular
  • In the Android app podcast "Your Episode Settings", select 'Remove played After 24 hours'. It does NOT remove played episodes if they were completed on a different device (ie Desktop). If you se...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New song instead of replay?

Hi!When I search for a song, and play it, it'll just replay forever. I would like for a new similar song to come, so it's not the same over and over again. I would like that to discover new songs, so making a playlist is a bit boring! Before it was l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! When I search for a song, and play it, it'll just replay forever. I would like for a new similar song to come, so it's not the same over and over again. I would like that to discover new songs, ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I have about 30ish liked songs, but at the top of the list it says '167'.

A while back my account was hacked and the person listened and liked a bunch of German and Polish rap. I've thought I'd purged my liked songs of all of them, and added my own. The issue is that there are only about 30 visible, playable songs under my...

• Visitor
  • A while back my account was hacked and the person listened and liked a bunch of German and Polish rap. I've thought I'd purged my liked songs of all of them, and added my own. The issue is that t...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No three dots in searched songs

Plan:FreeCountry:IndiaDevice: OnePlus NordOS: Android 12The three dots to add songs to playlist and queue has disappeared but it's available in the playlist and albums please help me to bring back the three dots

• Plan:Free Country:India Device: OnePlus Nord OS: Android 12 The three dots to add songs to playlist and queue has disappeared but it's available in the playlist and albums please help me to bring...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The shuffle option s is not working

When I tap the shuffle option a pop-up message saying that I have discovered a premium feature appears, but it doesn't work.I have a premium plan and is up to date.

• Visitor
  • When I tap the shuffle option a pop-up message saying that I have discovered a premium feature appears, but it doesn't work. I have a premium plan and is up to date.
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Use Spotify on Android 4.0.1

I want to use Spotify on my old device (Android 4.0.1) because the soundsystem we have has an aux cable but you can't plug that in my actual phone, as this only has Bluetooth. I found out that there is Spotify Lite, which is apparently not available ...

• I want to use Spotify on my old device (Android 4.0.1) because the soundsystem we have has an aux cable but you can't plug that in my actual phone, as this only has Bluetooth. I found out that there ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes