Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cowon Z2

Is it possible/practical to put Spotify on the Cowon Z2? I get permission errors. If it helps, I am a Spotify Desktopop Premium user. Best - Anthony

• Visitor
  • Is it possible/practical to put Spotify on the Cowon Z2? I get permission errors. If it helps, I am a Spotify Desktopop Premium user. Best - Anthony
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Is radio working or just useless?

HiJust trying to listen to spotify radio and selected scouting for girls radio, a UK indie band. I get ollie murs x factor guy and Cheryl Cole for the second and third tracks? I select thumb down for both and get ok track then ollie murs again? I am ...

• Roadie
  • Hi Just trying to listen to spotify radio and selected scouting for girls radio, a UK indie band. I get ollie murs x factor guy and Cheryl Cole for the second and third tracks? I select thum...
  • mannp
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Store to SD Card S3 - Failing

Hi All, I followed the guide explaining how to do this : http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Store-Data-offline-on-the-external-sd-card-on-Galaxy-S3/m-p/126404#M7595 However not my spotify is broken. The icon no longer appears on my phone,...

Screenshot_2012-11-03-18-39-10.png
  • Visitor
  • Hi All,   I followed the guide explaining how to do this :   http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Store-Data-offline-on-the-external-sd-card-on-Galaxy-S3/m-p/126404#M7595 ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New update?

Do i have the latest version? (0.5.3.56)Or when does the new version come?

• Music Fan
  • Do i have the latest version? (0.5.3.56) Or when does the new version come?
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium subscription

Finally able to login on my Android device. Try to play a track and it tells me I need a Premium subscription which I already have. I click get premium anyway and log in to the webstie where it confirms that I have a Premium subscription but the app ...

• Casual Listener
  • Finally able to login on my Android device.  Try to play a track and it tells me I need a Premium subscription which I already have.  I click get premium anyway and log in to the webstie wh...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

can't log in from my Android

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Looking forward to the private email. Help.

• I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Looking forward to the private email. Help.
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Login from Android

Just bought a Premium but the Android app still said I needed to Premium so I logged out thinking that I needed to log out and back in for the changes to take effect. Now I can't log in. This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

• Casual Listener
  • Just bought a Premium but the Android app still said I needed to Premium so I logged out thinking that I needed to log out and back in for the changes to take effect.  Now I can't log in.  ...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium offline

Hi, I'm a premium Spotify member. Since I have a new Ipad, I can no longer access to Spotify when offline. It always asks to login via facebook or Spotify, but when I try this it says I cannot logon because I'm not online. With my former Ipad this wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm a premium Spotify member. Since I have a new Ipad, I can no longer access to Spotify when offline. It always asks to login via facebook or Spotify, but when I try this it says...
  • floriscombes
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Transferring music

How do I transfer music to my husbands android phone so he can listen to music

• How do I transfer music to my husbands android phone so he can listen to music
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App wont play music on my htc

I signed up for the 30 day trial on my pc, logged into my account on my phone and downloaded playlists but the music won't play. It says its playing (the song timer starts) but no music through speakers or headphones, and when I pause the song the co...

• I signed up for the 30 day trial on my pc, logged into my account on my phone and downloaded playlists but the music won't play. It says its playing (the song timer starts) but no music through speak...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Play Button broken: Launch from embedded Play Button only plays first track

On Android (latest version of Spotify installed on ICS) - when launching music from the Spotify Play Button embedded in a blog or website, only the first track of an album or playlist is played - it appears that it is the track that is opened for pla...

• Regular
  • On Android (latest version of Spotify installed on ICS) - when launching music from the Spotify Play Button embedded in a blog or website, only the first track of an album or playlist is played - it ...
  • antonjw
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Download stuck at 71% every time - Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I've been trying to download one playlist for the nth time. Each time it gets to 71% and stops downloading. I have version 0.5.4.73 (0.71.5797.gbec773d4). I have 14.8 GB free on the device. Why does it keep stopping at 71%? This is a bit frustrating;...

• Music Fan
  • I've been trying to download one playlist for the nth time. Each time it gets to 71% and stops downloading. I have version 0.5.4.73 (0.71.5797.gbec773d4). I have 14.8 GB free on the device. Why does ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unknown iTunes list on Android device - HELP!

I just purchased Spotify Premium. I loaded the app onto my Note II and when I logged in (which I did via Facebook) a playlist appeared that I have never seen before. It is marked 'iTunes' and is has music on it that I have never owned (or would want ...

• I just purchased Spotify Premium.    I loaded the app onto my Note II and when I logged in (which I did via Facebook) a playlist appeared that I have never seen before.  It is mark...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

In Africa

I'm in Africa for 3 months and I cant connect my mobile to the computer. Its only possible to have one computer/telephone on this internet. And now I cant play the songs on my mobile. WHAT DO I DO? I need my music!

• I'm in Africa for 3 months and I cant connect my mobile to the computer. Its only possible to have one computer/telephone on this internet. And now I cant play the songs on my mobile. WHAT DO I DO? I...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Random stops/crashes - Moto Photon q 4g lte XT897 Sprint

Anytime I pause, try to skip a song, or change playlists spotify stops. It doesn't always Crash entirely. If I set it to a playlist and leave it alone (not unlocking phone at all) it will play without issue. It does this in 4g/3g/wifi/offlinemode/air...

• Music Fan
  • Anytime I pause, try to skip a song, or change playlists spotify stops. It doesn't always Crash entirely.  If I set it to a playlist and leave it alone (not unlocking phone at all) it will pl...
  • radius314
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

won't download, have to do a factory resett, then it eats bandwidht like a leech...

Seriusly, are you trying to make me go on a killing rampage? First The android app to my HTC Desire-Z stopps downloading my any new additions. so i have to do a frickin' factory resett to even get it to work, (yes that is the solution the forum came ...

• Casual Listener
  • Seriusly, are you trying to make me go on a killing rampage? First The android app to my HTC Desire-Z stopps downloading my any new additions. so i have to do a frickin' factory resett to even get it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with spotify on mobile

Hello, I got a problem with my Sony Xperia mini (android 4.0.4) and spotify mobile. Everytime I open Spotify, it says "unable to connect to internet". I got spotify premium, but it didn't sync with my android phone, then I uninstalled spotfy on my mo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I got a problem with my Sony Xperia mini (android 4.0.4) and spotify mobile. Everytime I open Spotify, it says "unable to connect to internet". I got spotify premium, but it didn't ...
  • thorgal21
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Help no download

Spoiler (Highlight to read)Have an ematic , cheep tablet, running android but can't find the proper download. All mobile downloads seem to be for phones any help Have an ematic , cheep tablet, running android but can't find the proper download. All m...

• Have an ematic , cheep tablet, running android but can't find the proper download. All mobile downloads seem to be for phones any help   
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug: Android app crashes on startup with too many playlists

There appears to be a limit on the number of playlists supported in the Android app. The bug manifests itself by causing Spotify to crash on startup leaving the user no choice, but to wipe the app and all sync'ed data, remove the additional playlists...

• Regular
  • There appears to be a limit on the number of playlists supported in the Android app.  The bug manifests itself by causing Spotify to crash on startup leaving the user no choice, but to wipe the ...
  • smallo
  • 65 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 15 likes