Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Local Files on Mac won't play on iOS

I just upgraded my phone to an iPhone 7, and I have just downloaded all my playlists to stream offline, and when I look through all the tracks in the playlist, the all have the green icon that indicates that the track is downloaded and ready to play ...

• Casual Listener
  • I just upgraded my phone to an iPhone 7, and I have just downloaded all my playlists to stream offline, and when I look through all the tracks in the playlist, the all have the green icon that indica...
  • VNGR
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 10
    iphone
    local files on iphone
    local files sync mobile phone
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Try Again" constantly; takes forever to connect; lag time

This is maddening because Spotify has worked seamlessly for so long now. However, I'm a quick minute away from casting it aside and switching to a different service. When I first launch Spotify, it spends a good 30 seconds in the "connecting" process...

• Casual Listener
  • This is maddening because Spotify has worked seamlessly for so long now. However, I'm a quick minute away from casting it aside and switching to a different service. When I first launch Spotify, it s...
  • bes0100
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iOS10 and MMOVE Bluetooth headphones

Hello, Since upgrading to iOS10 yesterday, Spotify can't recognize my Bluetooth headphones connected to my iPhone SE. I have to go to Bluetooth settings, forget the device, then re-pair the headphones with my phone. Then Spotify works as it used to. ...

• Hello, Since upgrading to iOS10 yesterday, Spotify can't recognize my Bluetooth headphones connected to my iPhone SE. I have to go to Bluetooth settings, forget the device, then re-pair the headphone...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    Bluetooth problems
    IOS10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in on my phone though Facebook or log in

My Spotify randomly logged me out of my phone earlier and won't log in again. I just get error message after error message. Or the app just shuts down. I've even changed my Facebook password and that hasn't helped. I've also tried to reinstall the ap...

• My Spotify randomly logged me out of my phone earlier and won't log in again. I just get error message after error message. Or the app just shuts down. I've even changed my Facebook password and that...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Switched phones

I recently had an android and had premium spotify with it. Today I upgraded to an iphone and when I put my account on spotify it says I need to start a new premium account.. what can I do to get my old spotify account back?

• Visitor
  • I recently had an android and had premium spotify with it. Today I upgraded to an iphone and when I put my account on spotify it says I need to start a new premium account.. what can I do to get my o...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sound Quality

I'm using spotify premium and deezer premium. Two applications of the highest quality sounds.But as deezer offers better sound quality.I have a headset moderate.Is that the reason would that be?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using spotify premium and deezer premium. Two applications of the highest quality sounds.But as deezer offers better sound quality.I have a headset moderate.Is that the reason would that be?
  • adriank1410
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Landscape Mode...NOW!!!!

I know it's been talked about over and over and over, but I am absolutely stunned that after every single iOS update I turn my phone sideways and it still never goes into landscape. You should be ashamed, what are we talking? A few lines of code?It i...

• Regular
  • I know it's been talked about over and over and over, but I am absolutely stunned that after every single iOS update I turn my phone sideways and it still never goes into landscape. You should be ash...
  • adriank1410
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Apple car play

Anybody know if it's possible to search for a track on iOS car play? I have a pioneer da120 but will only let me play playlists

• Anybody know if it's possible to search for a track on iOS car play? I have a pioneer da120 but will only let me play playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Previously deleted "recently played" reappears?

Can anyone help? I delete/reinstall to clear the app cache on my iphone. Everytime I reinstall - my previously deleted "recently played" list reappears. I can delete them (again) one-by-one, but this list contains ALL the songs I have ever played! La...

• Casual Listener
  • Can anyone help?  I delete/reinstall to clear the app cache on my iphone.  Everytime I reinstall - my previously deleted "recently played" list reappears.  I can delete them (again) on...
  • adriank1410
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iPhone 6s
    Recently Played
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming saved playlist

Long time pro user. After the most recent update I saved some playlists to my device (iPhone5) to listen at work without using data. Discovered today to my horror that even though the lists were stored it still streamed all day at 320 and burned a to...

• Casual Listener
  • Long time pro user. After the most recent update I saved some playlists to my device (iPhone5) to listen at work without using data. Discovered today to my horror that even though the lists were stor...
  • adriank1410
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't still find my daily mix suggestions

Hi! I'm starting to believe the daily mix suggestion playlist has to be a myth cos can't still find it although my partner has it in her spotify and we are using the family premium. Is it a myth or what am I doing wrong? Would so like to use that fea...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!    I'm starting to believe the daily mix suggestion playlist has to be a myth cos can't still find it although my partner has it in her spotify and we are using the family premium. Is...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts and Videos not showing on iPhone 5s

Hello,I have the latest version of Spotify app (6.5.0.1665) with Premium Subscription installed on latest IOS version 10.0.2 and "Podcasts & Videos" does not show up in my BROWSE section. My Apple ID is registered on the Luxembourg Apple store.Any id...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have the latest version of Spotify app (6.5.0.1665) with Premium Subscription installed on latest IOS version 10.0.2 and "Podcasts & Videos" does not show up in my BROWSE section. ...
  • narcis_gratianu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Data Usage for Offline

I've been wanting to download a playlist but it has 600+ songs in it. I can only use a certain amount of data (about 1Gb). May I know how much data is consumed from let's say a 4 minute song when I want to save it offline? Thank you

• I've been wanting to download a playlist but it has 600+ songs in it. I can only use a certain amount of data (about 1Gb). May I know how much data is consumed from let's say a 4 minute song when I w...
  • Flinty1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Won't let me type to login?

I can go to the login page on the iPad app but i cant type anything, sometimes it won't even let me "click" anything at all. I already tried reinstalling and restarting my device?

• I can go to the login page on the iPad app but i cant type anything, sometimes it won't even let me "click" anything at all. I already tried reinstalling and restarting my device?
  • anthonyboga
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bottom menu bar only has 3 icons

Hello, I recently subscribed to the family plan on Spotify. On my iPhone there are only 3 options on the bottom menu bar, Home-Search-and I assume Profile (icon of a person) Meanwhile on my brothers phone he has the full bottom menu, Home-Browse-Sear...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I recently subscribed to the family plan on Spotify. On my iPhone there are only 3 options on the bottom menu bar, Home-Search-and I assume Profile (icon of a person)   Meanwhile on my ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

can't log in on a new phone

I have a new iphone 6s. I opened spotify and it says "log in" or "sign in" but it doesn't acknowledge me clicking on either of them. No place to log in. I updated. No change. So I can't log in. I can log in elsewhere but I want music on my phone!

• Casual Listener
  • I have a new iphone 6s. I opened spotify and it says "log in" or "sign in" but it doesn't acknowledge me clicking on either of them. No place to log in.  I updated. No change. So I can't log in....
  • maluna1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I didn't add songs to playlists but I downloaded them for offline play, how do I access those?

I loved last weeks Discover Weekly playlist. I didn't know I needed to add them ('+') to my playlists, I thought downloading them all for offline play would be enough to save them. Monday rolls around and my Discover Weekly playlist changes... I want...

• I loved last weeks Discover Weekly playlist. I didn't know I needed to add them ('+') to my playlists, I thought downloading them all for offline play would be enough to save them. Monday rolls ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes