Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

$119.88 FRAUD charge. Never signed up for Spotify. Not even a free account.

$119.88 FRAUD charge. Never signed up for Spotify. Not even a free account.

My name is Elisha C.

I was charged $119 on my debit card.  I have never used Spotify before.  Not even a free account.  I have no information regarding the account the money was charged for, so i can't just go in and cancel it.  I had to create this login.

So i set up this account, just so i could send off a crappy "customer service" generic email.  It's been over 48hrs and i have heard nothing.  Not even a generic "Thank you for your message, blah blah" email.  

I have called my bank to cancel my card and filed to dispute the charges...but how am i to get my money refunded if they won't even send me a generic message??  No phone number?  Seriously?  From research, it seems this happens a lot.  Why is there no other way to contact them?  Or maybe increase their security?

Please help me get this fixed or help me find someone to speak to about it. Its a huge amount of money.

Ideas?  Help?  Please?  Beuller?

7 Replies

Hello,

Spotify does not offer Customer Support over the Phone but you can contact their team through one of the channels below.

Contact form: http://bit.ly/SpotifyCF

Facebook: http://bit.ly/SpotifyCaresFB

Twitter: http://bit.ly/SpotifyCaresTW

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 48 hours and please make sure to regulary check your spam/junk folder.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the tip. I've sent them a contact message 2 days ago. Still haven't received any automated response...but i guess i'll keep waiting, cause what else can i do.

It's so frustrating. I've never dealt with a company that didn't have a number hidden somewhere for these types of events.

@rippedoffuser

2 days already? Check your spam folder as the reply may end up there.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares

osorniosSpotify Star

Yes, 2 days.

I have been checking my inbox, as well as my spam rather obsessively. Which is where i found your response. 🙂

I guess i'll set up a Twitter account, so i can attempt to reach them that way.

I must say...this entire experience is a pretty big nightmare. Very shocked i've never heard about Spotify's shoddy "customer service."

@rippedoffuser

It's kinda strange that someone got hold of your payment info just to pay Spotify. I would check my online statements regularly to see any other activity, and, if possible, get the card replaced.

osorniosSpotify Star

I DO. That's how i found out in the first place.

They tried to make another purchase for $250 while i was shutting the debit card down. Jerks.

UPDATE:

Ok...so Spotify has STILL not reached out to me.  I attempted to contact them through their website, using their Contact message.  Nothing.  I messaged them through Twitter and heard nothing...not even going to try Facebook...because this is beyond rediculous.  

My bank has disputed the charges and deposited the $199.88 back into my account.  

I got my money back, with absolutely no help from Spotify.  Not even a "Thank you for your message, we'll get back to you..." type of confirmation.  Complete radio silence.  

I will never use this streaming service and i am reporting them to BBB.  I doubt it will do anything, but it sure feels good.  Better than just whining about it and doing nothing.  

Thanks to the people, who reached out to me here.  I do appreciate it.  🙂

Suggested posts