Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2 step authentication

2 step authentication

Hello, today would be the second time my account gets logged into by a stranger without my consent, changed my password once again, but one thing still bothers me....

Why the **bleep** doesn't Spotify have 2 step verification, I mean it's a pretty good thing, you could make your own or use google's one.

Now i know you guys already said that you weren't going to implement it, but please, for the love of god, you would help more than one person by implementing it.

TLDR: 2FA, Just do it guys

5 Replies

Hey @alebret3,

Welcome to the community!

I'd recommend adding your +VOTE on this idea, which suggests the option to enable 2-factor authentication on Spotify accounts. Make sure to keep an eye on that thread for the latest update!

I'd also suggest taking a look at the "Someone has taken over my account" support article. Please make sure that after you reset your password and sign out everywhere, you get in touch with the Spotify support team (in step two) so that they can take all the necessary steps to secure your account.

You might also be interested in checking out these tips to protect your Spotify account.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Already saw it, hence why I said they already said they won't implement it. Plus the post is from 2015 and their reply from 2017...

Hey @alebret3.

We want to make the Spotify experience as simple as possible. Two step authentication can sometimes be more of a pain than a convenience. However if you disagree, still leave vote and reply in the topic that @Noah posted. Certain ideas are reconsidered if they get enough attention.

We have implemented a new security feature however. Since a few days, you'll have to confirm an email change with an email you'll receive on the old email address.

We also really recommend taking a look at an Article we wrote on how to protect your account.

Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day.

Hi @Guido,
today someone stole my account: first he change the mail, then the password. And I've not received any email from Spotify to confirm the change.
An email with OTP (One Time Password) would be very appreciated if 2StepAuthentication is not possible! But Spotify now gives the permission to the thief for stole an account of Premium or not Premium Member.
I'm very disappointed.

Best Regards,
smoxy.

Hey @smoxy.

Be sure to follow these steps and we'll make sure you get your account and music back safely.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Dave a nice day.

Suggested posts