Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] 2-Factor Authentication

Spotify should, as a matter of good practice and safety, implement 2-step authentication.

Previously, Spotify enabled the option to log out other sessions other than the current session.

This would prevent hackers from stealing accounts, which would additionaly lead to less account hacks and less work for Spotify employees to assist in these cases.

More info: https://twofactorauth.org

Updated on 2018-10-18

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. We’re ready to mark this idea as ‘Under Consideration’. 

We are currently investigating various solutions for account security for our users, e.g. 2-factor authentication. Any news regarding user-facing security updates will be posted to this thread as a status change.

If you'd like further information about protecting your account please visit our Support Site here.

Comments
Alathea
my wife and I have had to re-do our log in for family spotify 3 times in
the last year due to logging on one day and finding that our PW didnt work,
with no notification from Spotify that it had even changed.
LeoK80

If you want to provide a world class service, you also must be willing to invest into a world class security. It is unacceptable that spotify accounts don't offer this extra layer of security.

As far as the suggestions go about using Facebook 2FA by proxy I just want separation of applications and services and thus don't have Facebook linked to Spotify, nor do I want to or having a need to.

You're charging people good money for a great service, give it the great security it deserves!

Darsic

This idea is from 3 years ago and 2-factor is a security standard nowadays. "Not now"? Seriously? The lack of these security meassures plus some missing functionality media players have had for decades already like global hotkeys that kept labeled "not now" makes me wonder, what ARE you guys working on NOW?

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Updated on 2018-10-18

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. We’re ready to mark this idea as ‘Under Consideration’. 

We are currently investigating various solutions for account security for our users, e.g. 2-factor authentication. Any news regarding user-facing security updates will be posted to this thread as a status change.

If you'd like further information about protecting your account please visit our Support Site here.

GJX

**bleep** yeah!!

MattSuda

Good to hear

jsannn

That is great news!!!

kylclrk

Oh my god. It's about **bleep**ing time! Been getting emails of people commenting on this for like a year! And I know it's been a problem for even longer than that!

traynoronline

Finally! Took a while, but this is progress that might eventually get me back over to Spotify!

This should be implemented as soon as possible imho. Yesterday my account was hacked and I had taken all the precautions mentioned in the article about protecting your account. Still happened. Spotify really needs to step up its game!