Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally unsubscribed, can I 'cancel unsubscription', or...?

Solved!

Accidentally unsubscribed, can I 'cancel unsubscription', or...?

I was attempting to cancel my 'family' plan, but it seems I ended up canceling my entire subscription instead. Can I just reinstate my premium plan as it was, or do I have to wait until my billing cycle is over (4/7) and then re-subscribe to premium?

If I resubscribe now, i'm going to get dinged for another $10, which is kind of silly, considering I've already paid through 4/7.  Ideally, I'd like to just forget that the whole "cancel subscription" thing happened, but is that possible?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

Sorry I never saw this!!

You'd be billed through the end of your term as you listed below.  If you need any other details on the billing side of the house, I recommend reaching out to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares, Facebook Page Spotify Cares, or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter or Facebook Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there @bgscharnhorst!

You shouldn't be charged again until your current premium runs out, however, your new renewal date will be the current date, plus the addtional time you have left pro-rated. 

Make sense?

I'm not sure.  So what you're saying is that I won't get charged again until 4/7 (which is when my 'current' subscription runs out), and my next monthly renewal date would be 4/22, when I'd be charged for a full month (4/22 through 5/21), PLUS the pro-rated period from 4/7 to 4/22?  Am I understanding that correctly?

Thanks for the quick response.

Reading that back over, no, I don't think I have that right.  Perhaps THIS is correct:

• I resubscribe today, 3/22;
  • On 4/7, which is when my original subscription is due to run out, I would be charged for 4/7 through 4/21 (as you said, pro-rated);
  • On 4/22, I'm charged for a full month (4/22-5/21), and I'm back on schedule.

NOW do I have that right?

Marked as solution

Hey!

Sorry I never saw this!!

You'd be billed through the end of your term as you listed below.  If you need any other details on the billing side of the house, I recommend reaching out to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares, Facebook Page Spotify Cares, or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter or Facebook Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

Suggested posts