Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Desktops

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

On the course of previous year (and very recently as well, which triggered me to write this here) I've been seeing signs of my account being compromised. Namely music appearing in Recently Played - though it is the ONLY sign I see. No new artists, albums, nothing new in liked songs. It bothers me that there are also no signs from Spotify about this: no email saying "Hey! We saw an irregular login on your account, just checking if that was you!", no way for me to see how many/what devices are connected right now. No login history.

Spotify, being company of such size, surely does collect this sort of data. Why not share it with people? It would be so much easier to understand what is going on with my account. Please consider improving in this area.

Rant aside, I'd want to know if its possible for anyone from Support to contact me and give information on my account activity, given any authentication required.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @miskov95

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, first reset the password:

1. Open the password restet form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your accoun page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Make sure to check this article as well, in order to protect your Spotify account. 

If after following those steps, the issue still persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @miskov95

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, first reset the password:

1. Open the password restet form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your accoun page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Make sure to check this article as well, in order to protect your Spotify account. 

If after following those steps, the issue still persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

I hope it helps!

Suggested posts