Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account data lost

Solved!

Account data lost

So I decided to finally make a post about this to try and find out what the **bleep** is going on. 

About a a month ago I got in my car, unlocked my phone and opened spotify. It had logged me out. Okay, so I entered my details. Didn't work. Okay. Try again. Didn't work. Reset my password? Nothing came through. After driving me without anything playing, I discovered the email was sent to an older email of mine, one I don't get the billing info for premium on. But it before resetting my password I tried it one last time. It logged me in! For about half a second, then told me I had entere the wrong info and kicked me back out again. Great. 

I reset my password, only to find that in doing so I lost aaaaaall of the people I had been following. I lost aaaaaaall of my playlist way back to September 2016 which may not sound like a lot, but I make monthly playlists consisting of around 30 or so songs that I really enjoyed.  They're all gone now, every one from this year. What the **bleep**? I wouldn't be too mad but not two weeks later it did it again! Deleting my most recent playlists and followers/friends. What?! Why?! Why am I paying for a service that's resetting my password and playlists seemingly whenever it likes? 

Any help on this would be greatly GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @spiffingchap13,

It is actually possible to recover a playlists but that only counts if it's deleted in it's entirety, you could try your luck and see if it works. The feature can be found here.

Unfortunately, as a user, you only have the option to restore entire playlists. If you want specific songs to be restored (or artists that you follow), you'll have to get in touch with the staff. This can be done through the online contact form.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours to get a reply.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @spiffingchap13,

It is actually possible to recover a playlists but that only counts if it's deleted in it's entirety, you could try your luck and see if it works. The feature can be found here.

Unfortunately, as a user, you only have the option to restore entire playlists. If you want specific songs to be restored (or artists that you follow), you'll have to get in touch with the staff. This can be done through the online contact form.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours to get a reply.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Oh my gosh you're a life saver ahaha

Used your link and restored all that was lost. Over the moon to get everything back but still wondering what would cause them to disappear like they did. Wondered if it was tied to my friends not being able to see them and something just snapped. Who knows. 

Thanks a million though, really grateful!! 😄 

Suggested posts