Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

So, my account got broken into multiple times. I logged out from all devices, changed my Spotify and e-mail password and desynced the strangers' devices. Now, nobody else uses my account but the algorithm and the recommendations are messed up. It's full of genres I don't like because of the hacker who listened to a lot of that kind of music. Is there any way to roll back the state of my profile to a point where it wasn't yet "polluted" by other genres?

3 Replies

Hey there @Akosjun,

thanks for posting !

Sorry to hear you're account was taken over.

Unfortunately there's isn't a way to reverse the recommendations added to your profile.

To more you listen to your music and the tracks you like the faster it'll adjust back to the way it was before.

You can also use the "Like" and "Don't Play This Artist" features to prevent tracks or artists you don't like from appearing again.

Hope this helps, enjoy Spotify 🙂

My premium family plan was hacked and I can’t reset the pass word. The system automatically reverts to my original free account user name (I used the same email for bothe the free and paid accounts). How do I get this resolved? 

Hey @user-removed,

Please contact support through this contact page for them to take a closer look at your account.

Make sure you reply to any automated mail you get.

Have a great day 🙂

Suggested posts