NEXT STEP

Account login and creation

Account login and creation

Country

Jordan

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Issue

I recently had a Spotify account using an email (let's call this email "A") then I deleted it like a week ago, whenever I go to create a new account using that email it tells me "this email is already connected to an account, do you want to log in instead? " and it gives me two options "go to log in" and "close" and if I press "go to log in" it logs me into an account that's not mine that uses an email ("B") and at the bottom is says logging in through "Google smart lock" and under that is the email "B", and I get access to an account that's not even mine that has premium, any advice or help? 

6 Replies

Hey @Bassem

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We can confirm that it might take up to 30 days for an email address to be newly available and used to create a Spotify account if this email was previously associated with another account which was closed. 

To avoid waiting, you can create a new Spotify account with a different email address.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Well I already knew that, putting aside the fact that I'm trying to use an email that I already used before to create a new account, the main issue is that it logs me into an account that's not mine when I go to create an account using that email, as I said it just automatically logs me into an account that, and even before I deleted that account that I had using email "A" it used to sometimes log me into the account that uses email "B", and the account that uses email B isn't mine, that's why I deleted my account in the first place 

Hey @Bassem,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

You've said the email on your old account cannot be used to create a new one, which is correct. At least 30 days should pass before that email becomes available again, just like @Mario said. 

As to the account you don't recognize, someone could have made a mistake by typing in your email address for the creation of a Spotify account. If that's the case, you should contact support.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

The thing is that I contacted support and they told me that my email and the email that is used on the account that opens to me are not linked in any way, any idea on what the relation to "Google smart lock" is?

Hello @Bassem,

Ok, so Google Smart Lock can be used to log you in to sites and apps automatically, using the saved information on your device. Did you by any chance get your phone second hand or have you shared your Google account at any time?

In any case, we'd recommend turning off Smart Lock on your device. Head here to learn more about this.

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if you have any other concerns.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Well no I never shared my account with anyone, although it's weird because the account it usually logs me into is my friends account I never used his email or gave him mine, but I'll work on u saving the passwords I have from Google smart lock and see what happens 

Suggested posts