Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Aghhh how do you block a follower?!

Aghhh how do you block a follower?!

My ex is still following me and I see his face (and his gf that he cheated on me with, woo!) EVERY time I log in. I'm not following him, I want to never see him, would like to block him from continuing to follow me, and just in general...block...Thanks!

83 Replies

To anyone who believes that Spotify should respect users' wishes for privacy (and in more extreme cases our safety), PLEASE support this Idea.

Block Followers

If Spotify don't understand how intimidating unwanted followers can be, they need to be forced to recognise that it's a genuine problem for many people.

Remember that although a every vote helps, if you also add a comment that will bump it to Latest Posts for a time and somebody else who needs this is more likely to see it and vote too.

You can't block, or at least prevent people from following you???!!!! What? This is ridiculous! Every other social media out there does it... what's taking them so long?

Yes agree! This needs to be fixed ASAP! Or I'm cancelling my susbscription. Period.

I found the option to block people!

If you ever had messaged them in the spotify app on your computer, then open the messages and then u see a lil round with dots in it in the right upper corner. click on it and it will say '' block user ''  TADA PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thank you sammiilicious!!

This worked for me!

@sammiilicious, doesn't that only block them from contacting you on Spotify?  I don't think they have an option to block them from seeing your public playlists or any other activity you are doing.

Can we please get this feature now? It's not hard, and the whole subscriber base won't suddenly because antisocial.

Same here, I hate not having that button

I have my ex following me which i have a Domestic Violent Order against when i take a artist im following away my ex does then i follow the artist again then my ex follows the same every time i get on spotify Playing games) can u please make spotify safe and let me block and make it safe.

True .. But at least it is something and you won't get spammed with messages anymore as they can't contact u 😉

Send the person you want to block a playlist with like one song with zero lyrics (or sound if you know one)

Go into the inbox and look at the sent message and click on it.

in the right top corner is a cirle with an elipses in it (...) click on that and then block the user. POOF GONE FOREVER. So freeing. Hope this helped ^_^

Thanks so much for the info! If you block the user straight away after
doing this will they get any notification that you originally messaged
them? Or you'll just magically no longer be there when they go to the
people they follow page (if ever).

Thanks son much again,

Amy

this makes me sad

I tried that and it didn't work... Hes still following me GRRRR! STUPID SPOTIFY I WANT MY PRIVACY!

We need that block button!!! ASAP

@DanhatesErika wrote:

Send the person you want to block a playlist with like one song with zero lyrics (or sound if you know one)

Go into the inbox and look at the sent message and click on it.

in the right top corner is a cirle with an elipses in it (...) click on that and then block the user. POOF GONE FOREVER. So freeing. Hope this helped ^_^

I think I love you.

It only blocks them from inboxing you they can still follow your playlists

Honestly we need this feature to rid ourselves of unwanted followers. Idk about everyone else but the music I listen to is personal and I only want to share that with people I choose to allow to follow me.

Suggested posts