Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Block a user profile completly

Block a user profile completly

Hi, with thte new blocking feature how come once you've blocked the user of your choosing their profile is still visible to you? Like most socal media platforms when you block a user profile you are no longer able to see or search their profile --stopping all froms of abuse. 

Please let me know if this is possible or can be while blocking another user on Spotify. 

2 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community!

By blocking a user's profile, you prevent them from following you, but you cannot follow them either. Their profile, however, is still visible in the app in case you change your mind.

If you have any specific suggestions about the topic, feel free to submit an idea via our Ideas Exchange board. Make sure you follow the Ideas Exchange Guidelines before posting.

We'll be here if there's anything else we can help out with.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

To whom it may concern, 

In regards to your blocking feature-

I think it would be alot more valueable that once you block a user account the person blocking the user cannot see that profile upon searching for it in spotifys search engine. However, if you decide to unblock that user at a period in time - you would go into a blocked settings menu to unblock them which releases their profile in spotify's search engine again,making it visible to them. Most other forms of social media follows this layout and I think for mental, social, and physical health this would help a lot of users be able to erase someone that possed a threat to them or stalks them. 

Nonethless, we are so grateful there is now an option to block users. We really appreciate it. Maybe one day the tip mentioned above can be part of a spotify update. 

Thanks 

Suggested posts