Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

COMPLAINT

Solved!

COMPLAINT

How do I raise a serious complaint against Spotify?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You guys just don't make it easy for your, paid up, clientele. I've checked 'the site' out and there is no resolution to the problem. Posts on the problem go back years for god sake. In this day and age surely you can create a program interface to resolve the problem, that I and my fellow community subscribers will be happy with.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hey there @Jo1903, welcome to the community!

If you are having any issues with Spotify, we'll be more than happy to help you out here on the community. However, billing and account issues will have to be directed towards the Spotify support team here.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I'm livid.  I used to think they were just stupid - the ads that play when I'm listening to classical music are for some death metal band.  And when I'm listening to Dr Dre, they give me an add for some country western.

I just shrug and kill the volume. It is really grating when you are listening to something peaceful that you like to have the obnoxiously loud and mis targeted ads jump in.

THEN - they are now advertising some Christian **bleep** (a movie I think).... that, for me, is far too far...  I'm not prepared to listen to Jesus loves me...

so unless this is fixed, I'm out...

Going consumer watchdogs

I was happily listening to Spotify Premium for several months using my Android phone (Samsung 5).  Last week, when I tried to log on, I was prohibited from doing so by prompts to sign up for Premium and asking for credit card info to do so.  Ithought Imay have been hacked...why would I be asked for credit card info when I was already being charged and paying.  I tried contacting Spotify and lodged a complaint.  Initially, Igot an email response that had cut and pasted my complaint and said "This is what we received from you"  Iwas then directed to this chat room.  Was I being asked to have cusotmers resolve Spotify's screw up?  After some more frustrating attempts to straighten this out, I was prompted to what seemed like the solution.  It led me to a webpage that was supposed to allow me to cancel the account and reopen.  When Igot to that page, there was no way to cancel the account and I was again led me to this chat room.  Soooo, I cancelled the account via my credit card account and then opened a new Premium account with a different credit card.   I used my tablet to sign up for the account.  I thought I had finally succeeded but then Idid not have Spotify in my apps although I was getting confirmation that I paid and an acknowlegement that it was installed...it just was not in my app list.  Later that day, I realized that although I had uninstalled Spotify from my phone in connection iwth my cancellation of the credit card payment, the app showed up on my phone again....but not for Premium.  Also, a lot of the features that I had with Spotify free months ago before signing up for Premium were no longer functioning.  As I said, I was happy as a clam using Spotify Premium before this nightmare.  Has anyone else hada similar problem?  If so, how did get it resolved?

I had a similar complaint and wrote to Spotify. Very similar lame response. They seem to be getting popular with this.

Dear Spotify,

For about two years I have been listening to Spotify every day in my car on the way to work.

I relied on your service and formed my playlists, and I regularly paid from my HSBC account (last 4 digits of the credit card number is xxxx) . The last payment was received on Pxxxxxxxxx an amount of £9.99 as usual monthly. This was last paid on 0x0x2016.

Then last week I reported interference on my list.

What happened next is appalling:

You blocked me out of my account. I can't even log in. the site says my account does not exist when I type in my email account or user name. I cant even attempt to change my password.

This is no way to treat your customers.Despite having paid for the month and being a regular customer, I could not access my account for 6 days now and still counting.....

I am very disappointed in the service I have received lately and the quality of your correspondence.

Your very disappointed customer,

End

Well, they didn't respond but sent me a customer satisfaction survey to fill in.

I'm done with Spotify even though I miss it to some extent. I did most of my listening while taking long walks with my dog in wooded areas. The good news is that I pulled the credit card payments, Spotify acknowledged my shutting down of the account and I am finding a new appreciation of bird-song when I walk the dog.

I've gone back to Pandora when I'm in hot spots and try not to notice the ads.

I support The Discovery Museums in Acton, Massachusetts, dedicated to developing creative and scientific thinking by enabling minds at play

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

hello guys my name is bernardo gomez im form mexico city. i have a very strange and awkward issue about my contract. It happends to be this way.

2 yeras ago  more or less i bought a cel phone a lumia / nokia cel phone in a big store in mexico the name of this store whhich is bg famous is Liverpool quite a big name / store in mexico i bought this phone only because of one promise thay made .

the contract says something like this.

on the purcgase of this celp phone ull get a free premium spotify account for live..not for 2 months  or 3 monhs or 2 years...it says its premium spotify account my mobie company is movistar now spotify is telling me my account is not premium anymore. i dont know what its this allabout..but someone is lying and cheating i i do not think its spotify...but i definitely want to know who it is so its either this store called liverpool...or the mobile company  movistar...or it is you guys form spotify....as i said the only reasson i had to prchase that mobile phone was the promise of a free spotify premium account. now i ant to stablish a demand ..but i want to know who is the cheater on this contract...id like to have some help with this issue cause i do not think its a fair trade i have the contracat and and everyting i need..so if you guys could enlight me a lil bit id realy tahnk u a lot...excuse my english ad i hope to hear form u soon.

I have a very serious complaint against Spotify....

HOW DARE YOU RECOMMEND NICKELBACK ON MY DAILY MIX!! SHAME ON YOU!!

Useless !!!

Infested with **bleep**, rubbish tracks - that I want NOTHING to do with & nowhere to resolve the issue

Spotify is rubbish!!

Does anyone know of a alternative that dies force **bleep** 'stuff on you

I HATE spotify for ruining my walk back from the pub!

Great night - RUINED by spoitify!!

**bleep**

Like I Care

I want my money back & nothing to do with you at all

Do not extend my misguided payment

I want NOTHING further to do with you after the stupid payment I made previously that expires in November

You, collectively, disgust me for what you have done!!!

Normal yawn way of passing real complaints away

Disgusting attitude to real issues

Does anyone know of a proper alternative?

LOL

I suspect that's what's going to happen to me

I'm stewartpearce@gmail.com / +44 (0)7872 378882 if you'd like to talk

spotify are Forcing **bleep** take that etc on me & I can't cancel / delete it

Total scum!!

I thought it was a 'music's app - now I realise it's just another bunch of scammers taking backhanded for uneanted rubbish (imho) yhat I NEVER requested

Spotify!!! I pay you to providexwhat I want.....NOT the other way round!!! O don't care at all what 'stuff you want to promote - I DON'T WANT IT! STOP FORCING YOUR RUBBISH ON TO ME

If I wanted to be abused I could have passed myself off as a Catholic choirboy!....I didn't, so STOP your abuse!!

Change your credit card account number so that Spotify can't keep billing
you intermittently after you cancel the app.

Cant find answer to question: after downloding or putting music on playlists can i access it after i unsubscribe to spotify?
With internet or w/o? Ty much.
Marked as solution

You guys just don't make it easy for your, paid up, clientele. I've checked 'the site' out and there is no resolution to the problem. Posts on the problem go back years for god sake. In this day and age surely you can create a program interface to resolve the problem, that I and my fellow community subscribers will be happy with.

Suggested posts