Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

Solved!

Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

Last week I was at my neighbors and I made contact with their Spotify Connect speakers.

Everytime I open spotify it wil play the music from their speakers instead of my iPhone (Even when I'm on my own WiFi network or without a WiFi network). Please say there is an option to delete the speakers from my iPhone (and also my iPad now)!

124 Replies

Holy cr@p, that's bad advice. You do not need to create a new account.

Just change password and then "sign out everywhere" from the web interface.

takes the biscuit dont it , i have a ps4 showing up on mine and i dont even own a ps4!!

Hey @briian2k,

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices (that PS4 for example) stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@briian2k

ignore the last message, it's already been confirmed (by myself and another user) that all you have to do is change your password and then log out of all devices in settings.

Amazes me that support keeps regurgitating bad advice.

If you want to go through several unneccessary hoops, then by all means go ahead. 😃

@

Are you even reading the posts in this thread? If you are, why not offer the simple solution? Please, elaborate.

@seri0usly

I do. Of course, changing your password and logging out of all devices are the first step to do. However, some devices, like Sonos, bluetooth speakers, or PS4s, keep the connection to Spotify even after password changes, because of how the API works.

When that happens, if you have physical access to the device, the best way would be to logout directly in the device. If that's not possible, that's when I advice creating a new account. It may take a little more effort than just changing the password, but I wouldn't call it 'bad advice'.

I'm not support, I just offer advice to the best of my knowledge. I may not be right all the time, but I do like to help people. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@wyattlewis

Hi,

Glad you like you LG system. But then I refer to CI (Custom Install) I mean multiroom solution involving a control system for Audio/Video, Lighting, Security and more.

// Conny

Please sort this out Spotify. I dont want to create a new account everytime I have an open connection to speakers I no longer want to control. There should be a straight remove device option. Why is this a problem? It's infurating and enough for me to consider going back to applemusic instead of spotify.

I work for a company that manufactures spotify connect compatible products.
I recently descovered that the best way to remove the devices is to actually go into the device menu (in my case Ruark Audio R2) and reset/factory reset the audio device. This then seems to clears the connection and will no longer show up as a device on your device list. Way better than changing passwords etc.
This is an annoying floor with spotify connect for sure!

The problem is, if I go to a house party and I connect to the hosts speakers, I can pump music through them any time of night or day (by accident) until they reset or connect something else. Why cant Spotify just have an ignore device feature so I can choose not to access those speakers. Or only connect to speakers on the same network. Its a major floor. I once got woken up at 3am by music playing out of my speakers because somebody at my party a week ago connected and now they were playing music at their home but the sound was coming out of my speakers!!! **bleep**!

The problem is, if I go to a house party and I connect to the hosts speakers, I can pump music through them any time of night or day (by accident) until they reset or connect something else. Why cant Spotify just have an ignore device feature so I can choose not to access those speakers. Or only connect to speakers on the same network. Its a major floor. I once got woken up at 3am by music playing out of my speakers because somebody at my party a week ago connected and now they were playing music at their home but the sound was coming out of my speakers!!! **bleep**!

Yep. Apparently even with tens of millions$ in revenue, they can't afford to fix this glaring issue.

Crazy isn't it! It can't be that hard.

It's completely annoying but like I say. Simply reset your audio product and it will unable anyone else to re connect.
Trouble is they need to remember to reset theirs if you visit them and connect! Spotify need to Sort it out for sue.

Same problem here: Second option wasn't enough, device is still coming back.

But how can I change password if I use Facebook account to log in?

Sorry, I found the way to do it, to change the password.

But it's still the same, the device has remaind on the list.

I just read the other comments and realized there is no way to fix this on the users, end

Very annoying.

Can someone from Spotify support advise this? 

Changing password and sign out hasn't solved the isse, I still have the device on the list.

Sounds easy 🙂

Any simpler method than this? 

Thank you sir, this sequence of changing the password and THEN sign out also worked here. I installed 2 Heos drives in a clients house just over a year ago. My 10yr old would get in from school, sometimes with friends and decide to dance to some Bieber on our home system!

1st call.. "Daddy the volumes not working"

2nd call....the client!!!

And hopefully the clients speakers is still okay. A customer to me ended up with two new in-ceiling speakers blown up. Who to blame? The warranty does not cover blown up speakers. Spotify Connect Sucks!

// Conny

I have to highlight this problem as well!

This IS a BIG problem! What is even the point in making it possible to remotely control an audio device over the internet?

This feature needs be limited to local network connections!

Suggested posts