Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

Solved!

Re: Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

Mabstrategy
Casual Listener

Nope. Shocking really. Particularly if you're the playback device owner, you're completely shafted and have effectively lost control of your device due to Spotify's aggressive api that is basically a virus on your system.

ConnyDri
Music Fan

Can´t do. I have access to the product but it is Spotify Connect so the product doesn´t have any log in information.

// Conny

ConnyDri
Music Fan

Does Spotify know that this forum exists?

I have search around and there are many issues using Spotify bot no reply from Spotify from what I can see.

Helped an installer last week with an Denon HEOS installation and now I have 8 zones of Spotify Connect on my Spotify account that I don´t what to see or play music on.

// Conny

Re: Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list

wyattlewis
Music Fan
get ready to deal with this an unspecified amount of time.

i would keep going on the website and signing out of all devices over and
over again and maybe they'll disappear. though, every once in a while
those devices will show back up.

ConnyDri
Music Fan

I solved it by going login in to my Spotify Account (via PC) and log out all devices and changed password.

The BIG issue is that Spotify doesn´t understand that this is a problem. For Custom Installers there is many better solutions than Spotify. But the customer/end-user want to use Spotify, especially in Sweden. They don´t understand that as Spotify works now it is a disaster solution for multiroom.

// Conny

wyattlewis
Music Fan
i still love spotify connect and use it for multiroom daily. I am eschewed
the denon heos (i had major resetting EQ problems which made it unusable).

for the mid-range consumer route, i cannot recommend LG music flow highly
enough. the H3, the H4, and the middle model sound bar have worked
fantastically for a decently sized one-bedroom apartment. ARC remains a
slight inconvenience sometimes, but i've learned to deal with those
idiosyncrasies.

user-removed
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem, and everytime when I open up my spotify "Jason's iPad" is playing, and it's always Chinese songs...and I can't even remove it! I really hate it! I wish Spotify had some sort of function to remove devices that you don't know!

wyattlewis
Music Fan
you can probably go to the online account and sign out everywhere. this
should kick the chinese ipad off.

zeppo242

Same problem here, anyone who has been to my house and accessed the Wifi and used Spotify connect can then, days later, from their own home / location of choice without access to my Wifi, still control Spotify connect and play songs to their great amusement. I have also contacted Spotify about this, awaiting reply.

seri0usly
Casual Listener

I can confirm that changing your password and THEN "sign out everywhere" successfully deletes unwanted devices. This is a stupid glitch that should have been fixed over 2 years ago when it was first reported. I sell Heos speakers and systems, and Spotify integration is a huge selling point. Being able to log into devices that are not on the local WiFi is asinine.

SUGGESTED POSTS