Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

Solved!

Re: Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

seri0usly
Casual Listener

Holy cr@p, that's bad advice. You do not need to create a new account.

Just change password and then "sign out everywhere" from the web interface.

briian2k

takes the biscuit dont it , i have a ps4 showing up on mine and i dont even own a ps4!!

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @briian2k,

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices (that PS4 for example) stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.
osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

seri0usly
Casual Listener

@briian2k

ignore the last message, it's already been confirmed (by myself and another user) that all you have to do is change your password and then log out of all devices in settings.

Amazes me that support keeps regurgitating bad advice.

If you want to go through several unneccessary hoops, then by all means go ahead. =)

seri0usly
Casual Listener

@

Are you even reading the posts in this thread? If you are, why not offer the simple solution? Please, elaborate.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@seri0usly

I do. Of course, changing your password and logging out of all devices are the first step to do. However, some devices, like Sonos, bluetooth speakers, or PS4s, keep the connection to Spotify even after password changes, because of how the API works.

When that happens, if you have physical access to the device, the best way would be to logout directly in the device. If that's not possible, that's when I advice creating a new account. It may take a little more effort than just changing the password, but I wouldn't call it 'bad advice'.

I'm not support, I just offer advice to the best of my knowledge. I may not be right all the time, but I do like to help people. :)

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list

ConnyDri
Music Fan

@wyattlewis

Hi,

Glad you like you LG system. But then I refer to CI (Custom Install) I mean multiroom solution involving a control system for Audio/Video, Lighting, Security and more.

// Conny

thebryns
Casual Listener

Please sort this out Spotify. I dont want to create a new account everytime I have an open connection to speakers I no longer want to control. There should be a straight remove device option. Why is this a problem? It's infurating and enough for me to consider going back to applemusic instead of spotify.

user-removed
Not applicable
I work for a company that manufactures spotify connect compatible products.
I recently descovered that the best way to remove the devices is to actually go into the device menu (in my case Ruark Audio R2) and reset/factory reset the audio device. This then seems to clears the connection and will no longer show up as a device on your device list. Way better than changing passwords etc.
This is an annoying floor with spotify connect for sure!

thebryns
Casual Listener
The problem is, if I go to a house party and I connect to the hosts speakers, I can pump music through them any time of night or day (by accident) until they reset or connect something else. Why cant Spotify just have an ignore device feature so I can choose not to access those speakers. Or only connect to speakers on the same network. Its a major floor. I once got woken up at 3am by music playing out of my speakers because somebody at my party a week ago connected and now they were playing music at their home but the sound was coming out of my speakers!!! **bleep**!
SUGGESTED POSTS