Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change display name, no option to do so

Solved!

Can't change display name, no option to do so

My Question or Issue

I can't find the option to edit my profile display name, even though i followed the steps i found on this platform. I've used both my phone and desktop.

On desktop i click on my profile, then VIEW ACCOUNT, and then EDIT profile. I cannot see any option to change my display name.

On my phone i click HOME, then SETTINGS and then VIEW PROFILE. Here there should be an option to EDIT PROFILE, but i can't seem to find it.

Am i doing something wrong or am i just not able to change my Display name anymore?

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

(Oneplus 7)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again! @j-z_o_o_t @frederikko44 @andrewjacob412 @annemarie3000 

Let's get a closer look into this 🔎

Could you make sure you've all got the latest version of Spotify installed (make sure there are no updates available on the Play Store)?

If you are no updates available could you try a reinstall for me? You can find out how to do this the best way here. It's important you follow the steps there so you can make sure it's a full reinstall and make sure any old files are gone 😃

If it still doesn't give you the option after the above, I'd need to flag this with the relevant team, so if it still doesn't give the option could you let me know the following:

• Spotify version (click Home - Settings - About)
  • Device & operating system & version installed

Thanks!

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hi @frederikko44 

Thanks for posting in the Community!

To take a closer look into this it would be great if you could share a screenshot of what you see after clicking Home, then Settings then View Profile.

Thanks!

I have this exact problem too! There is not option to change display name

I'm sure you can only change your display name on mobile. Try tapping your current display name.
I have the edit profile option now but I remember being confused before too when i didn't have it.

Hi, sorry to interrupt but Tom you seemed to know what to do here as I have the same problem.

I go to my "view profile" and my only option is to "Share".

Ideas?

Sure, here you go 

94690972_543463492976820_6223249716021297152_n.jpg

That's where I manage to get to, however once I got the Option at the top Right corner I get this screen. (See attached). On the main screen I don't see any place to edit.

Thanks for your help!

Capture+_2020-04-26-12-52-27.png

Hi all @andrewjacob412@annemarie3000@j-z_o_o_t & @frederikko44 

Thanks so much for showing those screenshots, it's really helpful!

I'm going to reach out to the folks backstage to get a closer look into this  🔎- I'll let you all know as soon as I get a reply!

Hi! Just wanted to send an updated picture of the profile, a little different from before but still no edit option for names or pictures. 

Capture+_2020-04-26-17-15-18.png
Marked as solution

Hi again! @j-z_o_o_t @frederikko44 @andrewjacob412 @annemarie3000 

Let's get a closer look into this 🔎

Could you make sure you've all got the latest version of Spotify installed (make sure there are no updates available on the Play Store)?

If you are no updates available could you try a reinstall for me? You can find out how to do this the best way here. It's important you follow the steps there so you can make sure it's a full reinstall and make sure any old files are gone 😃

If it still doesn't give you the option after the above, I'd need to flag this with the relevant team, so if it still doesn't give the option could you let me know the following:

• Spotify version (click Home - Settings - About)
  • Device & operating system & version installed

Thanks!

The clean reinstall worked, thank you very much for the help!

Great news, @frederikko44! Glad to hear it worked.

Let's see if this method works for @j-z_o_o_t@andrewjacob412 and @annemarie3000  - let me know!

Restarted the whole deal and my phone along with my current update and was able to! The phone needed to refresh the whole system and app.

Tom thanks so much for all your help, I wouldn't have been able to figure out where things went wrong without it!

I found a way around this. I couldn't initially see the edit profile button.

I logged out and then logged in again with facebook and it was it there!

I'm having the same issue and updating the app hasn't seemed to solve it.

Copy and paste the following link into web browser (with your username after last slash, AFTER you log in)

https://open.spotify.com/user/<<Username>>

There you can change picture and display name

Suggested posts