Premium

Country

United States

Device

Amazon FireTV Toshiba

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I recently logged my Spotify account everywhere, and revoked a lot of my permissions, and since then I haven't been able to log into my FireTV since. When I connect via the mobile app, it is stuck on "Connecting...". This persists after uninstalling my TV's Spotify app, clearing its data/cache, and restarting the TV. I'm thinking it's related to my revoked permission but I am unsure.

13 Replies

Hi @chriskanders,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

Since you've already reinstalled the TV app, please do it now on the mobile app following these steps. They are very thorough and will ensure your device is free from any old data.

Also, access this link and make sure to remove any third party access from your FireTV. After this, try to log in again.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the quick reply! I followed the instructions on uninstalling/reinstalling it on my iPhone. Unfortunately I still get stuck on "Connecting..." when trying to play on my TV. Upon reinstallation of the app, I didn't have to log into Spotify, does that indicate that I didn't fully delete my Spotify data?

Hey there @chriskanders,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop here.

If the app is not requesting you to log in, this surely signals that there is still cached data somewhere on your device, that could well interfere with the new installation. It could be worthwhile to perform the clean reinstall of the app once more on your mobile, and see if this will make any difference.

If the second reinstall doesn't help, could we ask you to try connecting and streaming to your TV from another device and see if this will play out as expected.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator

Hi Kiril,

I repeated the instructions (deleting Spotify cache, offloading the app, and deleted the app) and the same problem happens. I tried to stream to my TV from my desktop, but it is also stuck on "Connecting to Amazon FireTV Toshiba", so I'm thinking it may be a problem with my account. I also cannot log in directly through the TV app via the spotify.com/pair link (even though it says the pairing is successful on the browser) or password methods.

Hey again @chriskanders,

Thanks for the fast response.

Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one. This will help us find out if this is an account related issue indeed. If the 'stuck' situation still occurs for the new account, then it could mean that something other is wrong along your particular device setup and would need further troubleshooting.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Kiril Moderator

I tried logging in with two other accounts to the TV, and both were able to connect and log in just fine. I still get stuck on connecting to the TV when trying the same with my account, unfortunately.

Hi there @chriskanders,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Just to confirm, does everything work as normal while you log in on other devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes, everything works as normal with the other accounts. Some additional info: after I try logging into my account, the Spotify app on the TV kind of breaks and has to be restarted in order to work again (sometimes requiring a full TV restart)

Hey again @chriskanders,

Thanks for your swift response.

Just popping in to clarify the question that @Jermey asked here. Actually we were wondering if your preferred account (not the new ones) is working on other devices (except the TV) as expected? Are you able to log in with it on other devices and use it normally? Maybe it's worthwhile to double-check if your Fire Stick device needs a firmware update.

If nothing helps, you can also as a last resort do a factory reset of your Fire Stick, however be warned that this will delete all the apps you've installed on the Fire Stick from you're previous setup.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any more questions.

Kiril Moderator

Apologies for the delay. Yes, my preferred account works on other devices (iOS, Windows) as expected. Also have made sure that the FireTV and the Spotify app are both updated to the latest version.

Hi again @chriskanders,

Thank you for your reply. No worries, the Community is always here 🙂

Just to confirm, did you perform a factory reset of your firestick?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

No, I haven't, as that would require me installing 30+ apps again. To reiterate, other Spotify accounts work just fine on the TV app, so the problem is something unique to my account.

Hi again @chriskanders,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We understand that you might don't want to perform a factory reset. The thing that we find odd is that the account works on different devices. However, if you don't want to continue with trying a factory reset we suggest that you start over with a new account.

You can read more about how you can transfer your music from one account to another one here.

Keep us posted 🙂

Have a great Saturday!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts