Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't post any URI or URL playlist in the Spotify forum.

Solved!

Can't post any URI or URL playlist in the Spotify forum.

No matter what I do, be it in Firefox or Chrome, I cannot post any of my playlists on the Playlist Exchnage Forum. The site does not recognize my playlists (depsite the fact it loads on the forum). I am not able to submit. However, I can post link in the Chat Forum. PLEASE NO GENERIC COPY AND PASTE ANSWERS!! I'd rather you say nothing if you have no real answers for me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@OviiiOne wrote:

There's no need to go to the web app, you can get your user ID from the mobile/desktop app.

Even if there's no option on the profile to share the URI, you can copy the regular link and you'll find there your user ID.

So, the ID does not work, I had to use my actual user name.  Not as bad, but it still doesn't change the fact that they should have fixed this issue a year ago. It can't be that complicated that it would take more than a year to change the code (especially when users post here everyday).

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Can you please attach an image of how the URI/URL you're trying to post looks like?

Hi, 

Try adding your username URI first: 

spotify:username:xxxxxx:playlist:xxxxxxx

The x's, of course, should be replaced with your username URI and playlist URI. 

It worked for me, I hope it helps.

This has always been an ongoing problem for at least a year. Spotify always brags that they have almost 200 milllion users, but it takes the decades to fix problems on their board. What the **bleep** is wrong with this services? Don't these things get communicated? Obviously not. Or people don't understand what they're doing.

SpotifyError.png

I see what's the problem, try what @Emilia_8 suggested, add your spotify:username:xxxxx before the playlist:xxxxx

It should be something like this:

spotify:user:1155882017:playlist:1psIZ9mYT7BQVMRuQ9dQO8

where 1155882017 is my username and 1psIZ9mYT7BQVMRuQ9dQO8 is my playlist

They tweaked the app and it no longer copies the username of the author of the playlist, but the Playlist Exchange board still requires it.

That is so backward! why should I have to do all that extra work. I have to go in to my web account just to get my user ID? That is sloppy and unprofessional. I can't believe Spotify just left that problem like that. It's been well over a year with this same problem. Spotify sucks. It doesn't matter, I now they don't care.

There's no need to go to the web app, you can get your user ID from the mobile/desktop app.

Even if there's no option on the profile to share the URI, you can copy the regular link and you'll find there your user ID.

It's still 3 extra steps that I have to remember to do, on something that should have been fixed a year ago. It may not sound like a lot to you, but posting a few of these will quickly get tedious and inconvenient. Unacceptable.

Marked as solution

@OviiiOne wrote:

So, the ID does not work, I had to use my actual user name.  Not as bad, but it still doesn't change the fact that they should have fixed this issue a year ago. It can't be that complicated that it would take more than a year to change the code (especially when users post here everyday).

THANK YOU

Suggested posts