Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't reset password

Can't reset password

My Question or Issue

Recently I got a fairly suspicious email stating that my Spotify account password had to be reset due to suspicious activity. It provided a password reset link that lead to a site starting with wl.spotify.com, however I couldn't get to this site, as my browser said that the server IP address of wl.spotify.com could not be found. I tried to reset my password by going to the Spotify login page, but that in turn also directed me to a similar wl.spotify.com link that yet again, I could not access. I can no longer login to my account as my password got reset by that original email (I'm using a dummy account to post this). How can I fix this?

Device

Dell Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

6 Replies

Hi there @amogus,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of the email you received? Also, make sure not to send any private info and that we can see the sender's email.

Additionally, could you send the link you received in the email so we can take a closer look?

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello. For some reason, I can't even log into that dummy account anymore. I don't know what happened, but I created a new account yet again. Anyways, here's the email I got, with the link in the grey bar at the bottom. That's only like half of the link; it goes on for another 400 or so characters.

SpotifyHelp.png

Sorry, I realized that image was a bit unclear, so here's an enlarged version of the email itself and the link separate:

Link:

SpotifyHelp.png

I just tried the link again and it seems to work now. I reset my password now and it's all good. Thanks for the help!

Hey @amogus2,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Glad to hear that it worked out and you can log in to your account again.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

New password send me

Suggested posts