Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel family and change one member to student

Solved!

Cancel family and change one member to student

I have a premium family membership, was 4 of us, then 2, now my daughter is moving out to uni.

How do I cancel Family but keep my account and playlist free - but my daughter's convert to student premium and keep her playlist?

Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @r-lo7tj_bqbsw,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music.

You can cancel your Premium Family plan by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account 
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click CANCEL PREMIUM

If you cancel, all the accounts on your Premium Family plan (including your own) will revert back to the Free plan at the end of your current billing cycle.

Your daughter can leave your Premium Family plan and start a Premium Student plan at any time by logging in to her subscription page, selecting CHANGE PLAN, and selecting Premium for Students.

Once your daughter has received confirmation from SheerID via email that she is eligible, and her payment details have been confirmed, her Premium Student subscription will be activated.

You can read more about cancelling Premium Family in this Q&A thread, as well as in this support article; and you can read more about starting a Premium Student plan in this support article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @r-lo7tj_bqbsw,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music.

You can cancel your Premium Family plan by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account 
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click CANCEL PREMIUM

If you cancel, all the accounts on your Premium Family plan (including your own) will revert back to the Free plan at the end of your current billing cycle.

Your daughter can leave your Premium Family plan and start a Premium Student plan at any time by logging in to her subscription page, selecting CHANGE PLAN, and selecting Premium for Students.

Once your daughter has received confirmation from SheerID via email that she is eligible, and her payment details have been confirmed, her Premium Student subscription will be activated.

You can read more about cancelling Premium Family in this Q&A thread, as well as in this support article; and you can read more about starting a Premium Student plan in this support article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you. The answer was exactly what I was looking for!

Suggested posts