Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change email

Solved!

Cannot change email

Facebook created account, followed https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Can-I-change-my-email-address-if-I-created-my-accou... cannot change my email, need some help here.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @KEN_W, welcome to the Community!

To change your email, you'll need to contact the Customer Support team. You can reach out to them here.

To reach the contact forum, you'll need to follow these steps:

1. On contact info page, you can  click option 3. Contact us to go to the contact forum.
  2. Then you can click the bottom category "Personal data and privacy".
  3. After that you can click the second option "I want to update my personal information".
  4. Finally, click on the blue I Still Need Help button to go to the contact forum.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Vincent

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @KEN_W, welcome to the Community!

To change your email, you'll need to contact the Customer Support team. You can reach out to them here.

To reach the contact forum, you'll need to follow these steps:

1. On contact info page, you can  click option 3. Contact us to go to the contact forum.
  2. Then you can click the bottom category "Personal data and privacy".
  3. After that you can click the second option "I want to update my personal information".
  4. Finally, click on the blue I Still Need Help button to go to the contact forum.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Vincent

Hi there @KEN_W & @Ximzend,

thanks for reaching out !

Changing a Facebook based email on your Spotify account should work.

One reason it shouldn't might be due to your account being suspended for being abroad (using VPN?).

I would recommend you log in to your account page and change your country settings, or stop using any VPN.

Hope this clears things out.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Hi @KEN_W  & @Ximzend,

Just to be fully clear that if a user had never provided their email (not through FB) they should contact support through this "About Us" page and have them change it for you.

Hope this clears it out 🙂

Suggested posts