Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot log into android app - tried everything.

Solved!

Cannot log into android app - tried everything.

I have recently downgraded from a premium to Spotify free (happened around two weeks ago, nothing changed at that time).

Yesterday, I was logged out of my Spotify account on my phone and could not log back in. Tried via the email link - always expired. Tried resetting my password on my phone (no luck), on incognito mode (no luck), on my computer browser (no luck), all the while the new passwords worked in both browser login and computer application login. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app on my phone. No luck.

I also created a new account with another email address just out of curiosity - same issue with not recognizing the password/email link expired. 

I am in the US. I am on a Nexus.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had not tried restarting my phone, that magically worked! Thanks for your help and I hope this helps someone else with the same issue!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi,

If it always shows expired it looks like your date and time or not set up correctly on your device.

Can you try another device? Desktop, phone or tablet?

Regards,

René

Hi Rene,

The date and time on my phone are both correct - I have logged in on my desktop (browser and application) and both are fine. The issue is with phone log in only! 

Marked as solution

I had not tried restarting my phone, that magically worked! Thanks for your help and I hope this helps someone else with the same issue!

Suggested posts