Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot log into app on return from abroad

Solved!

Cannot log into app on return from abroad

Free (was Premium)

UK

Iphone X

Hey guys, I've just returned from travelling and have also downgraded to free (was all working fine on Premium).  Now I can't log into the app despite checking my location is set to GB in my account on my laptop as it suggests.  It just says I can't access Spotify over 14 days being abroad but I'm not abroad.

Can anyone help?  I've tried everything I can think of...deleting and redownloading app, resetting password etc.

Thanks!

Bonnie

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Bonlet1,

Sorry to hear you're still having difficulties accessing your account. Can you try using the web player before logging in to your account on the phone again? Make sure you're not using any VPN or Proxy so your location can be detected correctly.

Hope this works. Let us know how it goes.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @Bonlet1,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just to clarify, did your account unexpectedly revert back to the free service while everything was just fine with your Premium? 

Regarding accessing your Spotify on your iPhone, would you mind double-checking your Apple ID country is set to UK and, after, trying with a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on the same device before trying with a new access? 

We're looking forward to your update so we can keep taking care of this with you and we're here to help with anything else too! 

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey, thanks! Answers below…

Just to clarify, did your account unexpectedly revert back to the free service while everything was just fine with your Premium? No, I didn’t want to pay for it anymore so chose to revert back to free.

Regarding accessing your Spotify on your iPhone, would you mind double-checking your Apple ID country is set to UK and, after, trying with a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on the same device? I have done this - even though I never changed it from UK, I have reentered UK and all my details. I have deleted and reinstalled app. Still doesn’t work 😞

Marked as solution

Hey there @Bonlet1,

Sorry to hear you're still having difficulties accessing your account. Can you try using the web player before logging in to your account on the phone again? Make sure you're not using any VPN or Proxy so your location can be detected correctly.

Hope this works. Let us know how it goes.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey! It worked, thanks SO much - I just hate to turn off my VPN.

I tried this, no luck for me since I cannot logoff as I need to reach the menu which sits on the home page that doesn't load. And if I can avoid re-downloading all my offline content, by all means.

No VPN or Proxy on my PC, web player works OK. Only one recent hiccup, my credit card expired last month and I had a warning to update it, but all OK now, it kept my premium subscription.

iPhone XR, iOS 15.5

Hey @elbrice46,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This type of issue is usually related to some damaged cache stored from previous versions of the app. Unfortunately, it's highly recommended performing a clean reinstall to replace and repair all damaged files and this will delete all the downloaded content.

However, the playlists, liked music, and saved artists will remain on the account, so you just need to re-download the content.

In case the issue persists after the clean reinstall, we'd recommend checking on a different device to see if it makes any difference.

Lastly, to continue investigating your case, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts