Premium

Country

Australia

Device

PC, Samsung S10

Operating System

Window 10, Android

My Question or Issue

Hello, I would like to disconnect my Spotify account from Facebook. I've already searched for the answer to my question but wasn't getting anywhere so I created this in hopes someone can answer me.

So, I'll try to be brief. I want to be able to share my playlists (we're talking about 50 odd playlists) with people that might take an interest with some of the work I'm doing. I have a lot of music playlists I use as inspiration when writing that would be fun to share with people when they read my work. My problem is two things.

One, my account features my real name. I don't want this. 100% do no want people seeing my real name, since I don't even use my real name on my work (I use a pen name)

Two, because my account is connected to Facebook, it's also connected to a email I've stopped using as it got hacked and gets inundated with virus producing spam. Basically, it's too dangerous to use, so if someone hacks my Spotify account, I can't get it back, which is a worry.

I need a solution to this. I've seen the basic "you need to make a new account" but this isn't an option when you have 100+ playlists that you do not want to remake (we're talking probably 200 hours of complying all this music into playlists as well as looking for playlists and I just don't have the time to repeat the process). I can't simply share these playlists with a new account too because again, the playlists come off an account with my real name. So can someone please give me some solution to this, and if there isn't now, then maybe it's time for Spotify team to do something about this? Even if it's the ability to change the email and name on the account because tbh, I don't care about it being connected to Facebook, I just don't want my name on my account or the emails going to a dead email address, which are both things I can't change.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Annotation 2020-08-02 003323.png
Annotation 2020-08-02 002837.png
Annotation 2020-08-02 003134.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @toachmeister

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Since you created your Spotify account through Facebook, it won't be possible for you to change the email address on your own, but you can reach out to Customer Support and they will be happy to update it for you. 

For more steps, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer

Then you can add or change your display name, so it will be displayed instead of your real name. Here's a support article on how to do that. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @toachmeister

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Since you created your Spotify account through Facebook, it won't be possible for you to change the email address on your own, but you can reach out to Customer Support and they will be happy to update it for you. 

For more steps, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer

Then you can add or change your display name, so it will be displayed instead of your real name. Here's a support article on how to do that. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Thank you for your speedy reply. I'll have a look at these pages.

Cheers

Suggested posts