Change username?

Solved!

Re: Change username?

Stupify
Community Legend

You don't need a Facebook account to sign up anymore so you can make a new account with a new custom username. Don't sign up with Facebook, that makes your username some random numbers.

Chrison

Jason, 

Unfortunately. I am having the same issue

naziknife

Hi Sam,
for obvious reasons I'd like to change my username. It doesn't sit well with me knowing that people might misunderstand.

is it still impossible to change the name?

Spotify
Spotify
It is still impossible, yes. To change your username, you'd need to create a new account.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Runnquist

@Richard wrote:
There isn't a way to change your username I'm afraid. You may to have create a new account (though in that case your username would be your Facebook email address)

Hi Spotify

Just opened an account to download S Premium. I realised my Username is a 10 digit number and can´t be changed. How on earth can someone offer a web based service with  login name like that. This can´t be true. Is this representative for the rest of this product then i´m worried. Also i can´t get rid of the Facebook login. I am thinking of replacing iTunes with Spotify.  But if log in is thid complicated i´m not sure..........

Can anyone advice me on a simple way to fix this.

Thanks

Taylor
Community Legend

Hi,

I beleive if you have an email associated with your account, you can log in with that; or if you have a facebook account associated with your account, you can just login using facebook automatically. There should be no need to login using the number.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

xTCole
Except for those of us who don't use Facebook anymore. I deleted my Facebook and cannot log in unless I use my ridiculous 10 digit code. Give me a break.

Stupify
Community Legend

You shouldn't be able to log in using that either because Facebook accounts can't be disconnected. You have to make a new account without going through Facebook to get a username to log in without FB.

Rdonofrio
Casual Listener

I would also like to change my username, simply because i made it a few years back, and it is very immature...and i would like to make it something different, but i don't want to have to remake all of my playlists and stuff. how can i do this??

Peter__
Community Legend

@Rdonofrio wrote:

I would also like to change my username, simply because i made it a few years back, and it is very immature...and i would like to make it something different, but i don't want to have to remake all of my playlists and stuff. how can i do this??

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

There is no way to change your Spotify username, due to the way playlists are mapped to accounts on the Spotify network. 

If you want to move to a new account, just make a new one using your email address on the signup page and then either use steps 3 and 4 in this tutorial to move the playlists to your new account, or get in touch with customer services using the online contact form and they will be able to do it for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS