Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing my Email

Solved!

Changing my Email

Plan

Premium

Country

Uruguay

Device

Macbook Pro late 2017

Operating System

macOS 10.14.4

My Question or Issue

Hi, i have an email account connected to my spotify account that i no longer use, now i want to change it but i can't, and if i try to contact the support they send the reply to that email, so...

I created my spotify account via Facebook a long time ago, and the only solution that i find online is deleting this account and creating a new one, but i don't want to do that, i want to keep this account but connected to a new email. Is this possible?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there, i tried that, but it wasn't possible, there was not an option for "add" nor "edit" my email address.

Apparently if you originally created your Spotify account via Facebook you can't change the email address unless you talk to somebody on support, they have to do it for you.

My problem is solved, they changed my e-mail address just how i wanted and really quickly, apparently Spotify has a good team on support.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey there @Brunvc,

thanks for posting !

An E-mail based account and a FB based account are two different things.

If you wish to turn your FB account into an E-mail based account, you'll have to check this help page out.

If you meant something else, please let me know and i'll try and help 😃

Hi there!

Thanks for your answer.

That option is not available for me, apparently is not possible to turn my FB based account into an E-mail based one, it says that i have to delete my account and create a new one if i want to use Spotify without Facebook.

Anyway, i just managed to open my old e-mail account and now i'm in touch with the support,  they say they can change the e-mail to the one i'm currently using, so apparently we have a solution.

Thank you!

Have a good day.

Hi. Have you tried logging into www.spotify.com using facebook login method?

If not.... Can you try it, then go to your profile and "edit profile"? You can add/edit an email address from there.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for getting back to me, I have a real problem and need help fixing it.

I'm on an email based account in Spotify but my Amazon Echo is on a different email account.  They are both on the same wifi account.  I can't connect my Echo to my Spotify account and thought that if I put them on the same email address I would be able to do that.  So would this help and how do I change my Spotify email account to make it the same as my Amazon account?

You can change your Spotify email address by logging in into a web browser. Go to your profile, then click "Edit Profile". From there, you will be able to change your email address.

you can direct click this link.

By the way, there could be many reasons as to why you can't play music through your Amazon Echo. Check this out for more info.

Marked as solution

Hi there, i tried that, but it wasn't possible, there was not an option for "add" nor "edit" my email address.

Apparently if you originally created your Spotify account via Facebook you can't change the email address unless you talk to somebody on support, they have to do it for you.

My problem is solved, they changed my e-mail address just how i wanted and really quickly, apparently Spotify has a good team on support.

Suggested posts