Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged twice per month

Solved!

Charged twice per month

I have spotify in my I phone and am wondering how to get a hold of any customer service line because spotify has been charging my debit card 2 times a month and it should only be 1 time a moth!!!

493 Replies

@ziggermeister wrote:

@I hope really hope spotify addressed your issue @spottedcow

I just noticed the same thing - I am being charged twice for several months!!!

Let's see if I have any luck with the customer support (if i can find their number first!).

Spotify don't have a contact number, all support is done via email. Just get in touch as I outlined above and reply to the automated email and someone will get back to you normally within 24 hours. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@ziggermeister Don't worry, your case has come through. The accounts guys will get it sorted. You should hear back shortly.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

i was charged twice in december, and when i checked past bank statments i was charged twice in may. so this year i have been over charged twice.

i am very unhappy about this, why should you take money your not entitled to?

i have also send 3 contact forms and heard nothing in a week.

my email address my spotify is set up with is no longer in use, when i went to change the email address it did not change on the contact form,

in each form i stated that the below was not my current email.

this is bad customer service at a new level. no contact number, no replys to contact forms?

i want my money back

@user-removed Could you use this contact form and, if you haven't heard back within 24 hours, please shout here and someone will try to speed things along.

I must say, I was a little skeptical on how long this issue would take to resolve, but I am pleasantly surprised.

I heard back from Spotify via email in a few hours and my credit card was refunded a couple of days after.

Thanks Spotify!

I must say, I was a little skeptical on how long this issue would take to resolve, but I am pleasantly surprised. I heard back from Spotify via email in a few hours and my credit card was refunded a couple of days after. Thanks Spotify!

Hi there I recently purchased a 12 month subscription as a gift, emailed it to myself to print out later, but accidentally clicked on the redeem link. This accredited the gift to MY account where I want it to redeem on someone else's account. What do I do?

@gordondroit - Just reply to the automated email reply as in your other topic here and someone will be able to get that sorted out for you.

@ziggermeister - Glad to hear you got this sorted out! 🙂

Peter

Hi -

It's been 2 weeks and I have not heard back from both of my requests for customer support. I am locked out of my premium account that I am paying for. Have tried calling the number listed on my bank statement - it is just a message with no additional information. This is really disappointing service.

This is what I originally wrote on December 2:

I was playing around with my Spotify privacy settings on Facebook, and somehow I disconnected my Spotify account from my Facebook account. Now I can not log into my Spotifyaccount, which I used to do with my Facebook Password.

In my trials and errors to correct this issue, a new basic account got created, utilizing again my Facebook information but showing none of my playlists.

Both accounts, new and old, go by Jane Slade and the same thumbnail, which is my Facebook profile pic.

I  have tried to sign into my old account but it always takes me to the new, empty one, which is also not a Premium account.

It feels like my old Premium account got untethered from Facebook and now there is no way for me to sign in, since the newer account is based on the same Facebook information and email information as the older account:

<snip>

Please help, I love my Spotify Premium account and am missing it very much!

--

Please get back to me - I have no way of canceling my premium account other than to call my bank. I am getting really frustrated with the lack of support. Please also know that I know of new spotify alternatives coming on the market so your cornering of this product type will not be forever, and it matters how you treat the little people!!

Jane

<<snip>

[Snip-Privacy-Peter]

Hi Jane 🙂 

I'm just going to hide those personal details from your post, its best not to post any personal information here on the public community. 😉 

When you got in touch with customer service, you will have recieved an automated email reply with a case number in it, can you let us know that case number (#) here? We can then escalate it for a reply asap for you. 

Peter

Peter -

Thank you for the human reply! Here is my case number:

Spotify Case # 01080878: I can’t log in to Spotify ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0XG7PV:ref

Jane

Getting that escalated for you now. 

Peter

Thank you!

Would you mind also snipping my contact information out of the body of my main email above? I had also included it in the middle of the text!

No idea how I missed that! Done 😉

Peter

spotify will not let me in my account with my correct email and my correct password. I have tried 10 times help

@zola - your account was created via Facebook, so it'll be those details you'll need to use when logging in. What error message are you getting when entering your Facebook email address and password?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

How do I turn off the "shuffle" feature on my Iphone.  The playlists are continuously shuffling

@1Team -- you have an active Premium subscription so you can turn off shuffle by heading to the 'now playing' page, tapping the album artwork and deselecting the shuffle icon there.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Well, I am new to posting on this message board for anything (this is my first post).

I have a question about using Spotify Premium on Android Devices. I have heard/read etc. that Spotify Premium is available for free to Android users.. the only thing is that it still uses ads, which is fine.  Is this true? I've been trying to get a subcription on my DROID X and all the form keeps doing is redirecting me to the facebook login which ive done 3 times now.

An answer would be appreciated 🙂

You don't get Spotify Premium for free on your android device, but you can login and use your Spotify Free account on Spotify on android (2.3+).

Peter

Suggested posts