Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Community New Ideas

Solved!

Community New Ideas

I am trying to add a New Idea to New Ideas. Every time I click post it tells me I need to add at least 1 tag. I type something in the tags box eg "Playlists" and it still tells me I need to add at least one tag. I try something else eg "Artist". No go. 

What on earth am I meant to enter? I assume there is some list of acceptable tags, but where the **bleep** is it? Why doesn't the tag edit box auto-fill when I type in it.

Also, please Spotify, put a Start New Topic button at the top of ideas. It is so not intuitive the way it currently works especially as it is completely different to all other pages. Took me ages to figure out how to start a new idea.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @MarkWilliams123!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

In order to post an idea in the Community you need to enter a subject, fill the body and select a label for the idea. The label can include the platform where you'd like your idea to be implemented or the category of the idea. This allows users, Ideas Guardians and Community Moderators to vote and manage ideas more easily. You can find the labels on the right of the page. You can also check out this Spotify Answer on how to post an idea for more info. 

test.png

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @MarkWilliams123!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

In order to post an idea in the Community you need to enter a subject, fill the body and select a label for the idea. The label can include the platform where you'd like your idea to be implemented or the category of the idea. This allows users, Ideas Guardians and Community Moderators to vote and manage ideas more easily. You can find the labels on the right of the page. You can also check out this Spotify Answer on how to post an idea for more info. 

test.png

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi and thanks. My problem was not the labels, but I was being forced to enter a Tag and every tag I entered was rejected. Just tried again and this time it allowed me to post without entering a tag. No idea why!

Hello @MarkWilliams123n!

I'm glad to hear everything's fine now! Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂

Back-to-the-music500px.gif

Jose_MSpotify Star

I was on the idea submissions page but could not figure out how to actually submit an idea.  I literally emailed Spotify and had to do a web search before figuring out that to submit an idea on the idea submissions page you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom where finally you have a hidden menu that allows you to submit an idea among other things.  This is all upside-down.  I think one would expect that submitting ideas on an idea submissions page would be the main action.   

Suggested posts