Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Converting username to new system

Converting username to new system

Hello,

I had created my Spotify account a really long time ago, and I recently found out that the username is the same as my email name, which also happens to contain my real name, and seeing it when sharing my profile link really isn't the best thing.

I understand that usernames are unique identifiers and that they cannot be changed arbitrarily because of that.

However I was wondering if I could have my userame be randomly generated using the new system, as I don't care about having a custom one, but I just don't like having my real name there.

1 Reply

Hi there @SerialSniper!

Like you mentioned, the usernames on Spotify serve as unique identifiers and thus cannot be changed. A workaround for your situation would be creating a new account (so that it would have a randomly generated string of numbers and letters as a username) and transferring your playlists there. You can find a detailed guide on how to do that in this article if you're willing to try it out.

Once you've transferred everything you need, you can close the old account by following the steps here.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts