Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit card not accepted

Credit card not accepted

Yesterday I tried to change my payment-method from Mastercard to Visa Electron.

After I tried to update the payment-method with the correct card-details the following text came:

“Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day.

Don’t worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method.”

Both cards are valid and working, I even contacted card-provider and bank confirmed that there should not be anything suspicious.

The cards have worked great and no such problems have been lately anywhere else, so this is just something thats caused by Spotify.

Im paying customer and have paid Spotify with both of these cards before.

Im not sure what strange logic is the payment-page taking as it block cards that are working and it seems this problem has been before on other people aswell:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Credit-Card-Stopped-Working-Oops-se...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Paying-for-Premium-Oops-seems-your-...

Just few examples here.

I have already contacted customer-service (so you don't need to post automated reply here) and they have been looking to my case but at the moment it seems I have nothing to do besides to wait until the current Premium subscription runs out on 6th of september and then I will have put the payment-card again, hopefully it will work then. Im not sure what to do, in case it does have errors then as I would like to continue as Spotify customer.

Customer-service also told me that I could do another account for which all my current starred-tracks, playlists and followers could be transferred. That could be good solution maybe..but this current blocking of working credit-card is not really good thing at all. 

I also tried to put the credit-card info on different browsers (both normal and private-browser mode) as they recommended but nothing proved to be success and also I tried it with mobile-phone but still got the same error-message.

Customer-service is helpful and busy with the issue, but I wanted to post also here as there might be somebody else that has the same error too.

15 Replies

So, the procesudure must be some sort of safety check or something that prevents putting the same cards info too early on the pages.

But then again, other places that I have recently paid with have had zero problems, so this must be just something special to Spotify unfornately.

Well, I have decided to pay through my paypal-account for while and then change it back to straight credit-card payment later.

i've got the same exact problem too 

I hope that now as few different threads mention the very same error, Spotify would take notice and fix it.

The payment done with paypal is no problem for me at all, but for now it seems just to be little temporary fix.

So, definitely will give kuds to these thread so the thing will be fixed.

I'm having the same problem too. Soooooooo upset

Did PayPal work

Does PayPal work??? I'm missing my Spotify. There should be a better way to communicate

This is so annoying!!! I've been having the same issue since march 😞
I'll probably just give up and jump to apple music. That's madly crazy this is happening to so many people and they do little (or nothing) about it!

I had the same problem. Should I Cancel it for good?

really upseting. Very irritaded

cleary an error by Spotify no customer care, no support at all

Same problem. Tried different credit cards, different browsers and computers, different days. Keeping getting same "oops -- credit card not accepted message." Credit cards are good, it's Spotify that has problems. Too bad -- It's a great music service, but totally lousy customer service. I too may have to move to different music service.  

Same problem here!!!

Wonder if it is Christmas rush... and their server is down... or someone hacked it and stealing credit card information!!

We don't have option in Chile for PayPal which is a bummer!!

Managed to buy 1 Premium account as a gift at 4:30 pm- but when we went to purchase another, system constantly failed to accept multiple credit cards.. 😤

Hey everyone, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community 🙂

Sorry to hear about your issues. Are they still continuing? If so, could you check out the below infographic and try a few things on it?

Card Problems.png

If none of those steps have helped you (and you've even tried to pay with a private/incognito browser), you should get in contact with Spotify support and they can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. You can also use the online contact form on this website if you would prefer to communicate by email.

Please let me know if you need any more help from me. Happy listening and enjoy the holidays 🙂

I have had this same issue for about a month, I've tried 3 different cards on numerous different occasions and it always says the same thing. I contacted customer support and they basically said they couldn't do anything.

Has anyone found a solution for this yet? I just started having this problem a couple days ago and nothing I do will let me update the payment method.

I have! Gave up on spotify and subscribed to Google Music, it's so much
better!

This happened to me sometime ago. I persevered, send many emails, Spotify
gave me free access for a month for them to sort it out, which they did
eventually. Not had a problem since. Good luck. It appears to be an ongoing
problem with their system which they do not seem to want to admit.

Suggested posts