Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Credit card not accepted

Yesterday I tried to change my payment-method from Mastercard to Visa Electron.

After I tried to update the payment-method with the correct card-details the following text came:

“Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day.

Don’t worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method.”

Both cards are valid and working, I even contacted card-provider and bank confirmed that there should not be anything suspicious.

The cards have worked great and no such problems have been lately anywhere else, so this is just something thats caused by Spotify.

Im paying customer and have paid Spotify with both of these cards before.

Im not sure what strange logic is the payment-page taking as it block cards that are working and it seems this problem has been before on other people aswell:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Credit-Card-Stopped-Working-Oops-se...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Paying-for-Premium-Oops-seems-your-...

Just few examples here.

I have already contacted customer-service (so you don't need to post automated reply here) and they have been looking to my case but at the moment it seems I have nothing to do besides to wait until the current Premium subscription runs out on 6th of september and then I will have put the payment-card again, hopefully it will work then. Im not sure what to do, in case it does have errors then as I would like to continue as Spotify customer.

Customer-service also told me that I could do another account for which all my current starred-tracks, playlists and followers could be transferred. That could be good solution maybe..but this current blocking of working credit-card is not really good thing at all. 

I also tried to put the credit-card info on different browsers (both normal and private-browser mode) as they recommended but nothing proved to be success and also I tried it with mobile-phone but still got the same error-message.

Customer-service is helpful and busy with the issue, but I wanted to post also here as there might be somebody else that has the same error too.

Who Me Too'd this topic