Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customer Service Issue

Customer Service Issue

I don't know where else to go for this issue, emailing back and forth hasn't produced any results that I am happy with, so I'm hoping a representative here on the forums can further help me.

I would like to state here that I have never shared my password or account information for Spotify or any other login information for any other services.

My issue began late last year, I want to say October or November, when I noticed songs on my recently played list that I had never before listened to. Additionally, I noticed that my account was linked to, and currently playing on a PS4. I don't have a PS4, nor have I ever linked my account to any device besides my Android phone or private PC. Because of this, I wasn't able to listen to my music as once I chose to play on my Andriod and pick a new song, it would switch from my phone back to the PS4, and begin playing a different song. I went ahead and used the "log out of all devices" thinking it was just a fluke and continued to listen on my phone.

It was a month later when I noticed the same genre of music being listed again, music that I would never listen to, on a PS4 again. I made the move to change my password at this time.

In February of this year, it happened again, and I contacted customer support via the email form found on the website. Through them, my account was blocked from being used by anyone and I was asked to provide 1. the earliest payment receipt available, 2. the year the account was created, and 3. the name of the payment method used, date I started making payments, the date I am billed every month, and any transaction ID if there is one. I provided all the information to the best of my ability... I am on a Premium Family subcription with my husband who pays the Spotify bill from his bank account. Additionally, I took the advice to change my password again, and also change the email account associated with my Spotify account. I thought I'd be done.

In March, it happened again. My playlists were delted and someone was playing music on their PS4 with my account. I could pause and play and change the music they were listening to. Again, I contacted support via the email form and again, gave them all the information needed, this time being forced to change my password and given a whole list of things I can do to secure my account. Everything was always secure on my end.

Now August comes around, and there are the songs again in my recently played being played on a PS4. I contacted support... again. My account was blocked, and instead of investigating the issue, I've only ever gotten the "Spotify takes your account security seriously" line. I've asked numerous times for an explanation for all these events to which I've never received an answer. Is it because someone else's username was similar to mine? I am POSITIVE that this was no fault of my own, yet Spotify keeps on treating it like it is. At this point, I was told to create an entirely NEW account, new email, new password, new username. I have not been told any reasoning behind the issue of my account being used.

I have asked for compensation for the nearly years worth of trouble I've dealt with and all I've been offered is a one free month code for Premium services. However, and this is verbatum, "Please keep in mind that e-cards are not a valid payment method for the Premium for Family subscription. Don't worry, you can still use this code as a gift for your family and friends." So, I'm being offered ONE free month for the TWELVE months I've had an issue and I can't even use it?! I've asked for the issue to be escalated and the response from the Executive team was "Due to the origin of your subscription, it is beyond our ability to add a month of service into your account without cancelling your current subscription. Instead we can offer you a Premium code as compensation, you can use it as a gift for a friend or family."

How? Why? This doesn't make any sense to me. Credit back my last payment? Give me a code for the Family subscription?

I am very frustrated and hoping this can be solved fairly.

7 Replies

Hey @beautyandbrains,

I've escalated this post and will hear back soon.

Oh and by the way, please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not.

Thanks for your patience. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply and the escalation.

I understand that the Community isn't an official support service, but I felt something had to be said somewhere since emailing back and forth with different representatives replying each time wasn't solving my issue. I'll get help where I can.

Thanks again.

I can't even find where to cancel...🙏💭💩

Hi there @beautyandbrains.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Spotify Community, and we're sorry to hear about this.

We're happy to hear that you've reached out to Support, and have had things checked out already. We will of course do all that we can to help out here too. However, please note that for security reasons, we can't discuss account information, and personal details about your case here in the Community.

We can however, see that the email team replied to you yesterday (on the 28.9.16), with a bit more info. Did you receive this ok?

Let us know 🙂

Thanks, and take care.

/M

Hey @lizballard,

You can cancel your subscription by following the instructions from this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/managing_payments/how-to-cancel-your-subscription/

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I need help logging is not letting me and am getting charge every month

I have an issue with the billing and no help how do I escalate the problem!!!!

Suggested posts