Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duo after single premium

Solved!

Duo after single premium

• Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device Huawei p20 pro

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I had a Premium subscription and I was paying for it but now I switched for a Duo with my wife and she is the one that is paying for it. My question: what will happen with my old subscription that I used to pay? Will it deactivate by itself?will I get a confirmation about it? In my account field it says that the duo is active and no other info is there about the old plan. Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Badtoothache!
If your using the same account for Spotify Premium Duo as the one you used for regular Spotify Premium, your regular subscription will get cancelled and upgraded to Spotify Premium Duo.
Hope this helps, have a nice day! 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Badtoothache!
If your using the same account for Spotify Premium Duo as the one you used for regular Spotify Premium, your regular subscription will get cancelled and upgraded to Spotify Premium Duo.
Hope this helps, have a nice day! 🙂

I recently did the same thing but was still charged for my old premium account. When I log in my account type is premium duo.

Is it possible that when you accept the duo invitation, the old premium plan will still be active and paid?

Hey there @Stack_G and @natimro,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you already had a Premium Individual subscription directly with us, your billing should switch automatically when changing your plan to Premium Duo:

• If you’re managing a Duo plan, your new payment date will likely be a few days earlier than usual to cover the price difference between Individual and Duo Premium.
  • If you’re joining a Duo plan, all subsequent payments on your account are made by the plan’s manager. Any remaining Premium time you have is forfeited.

You can track all this on your account page.

If you see any charges for Premium Individual after switching to a Premium Duo subscription, it's possible that you have more than one account with us.

We'd recommend following the steps in this Spotify Answer to locate them and cancelling the one with Premium Individual. You can also follow the steps in this Spotify Answer to close any duplicate accounts to avoid future mix ups.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Happy Holidays 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts