Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error message on setting device password

Solved!

Error message on setting device password

Hello,

I always get the error message, that my email account is not available and therefore Spotify is unable to send an E-Mail to create a password. See error message attached (it is in German).

Error.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dylex

Follow this to get a device password:

1. Go to Facebook settings.
  2. Select Security and Login.
  3. Select Use two-factor authentication.
  4. Select App Passwords
  5. Click Generate
  6. Click Generate App Passwords.
  7. If needed, enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
  8. Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you.

You can use it, with your Facebook email address as username, to log into Spotify directly on any device. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @dylex

Follow this to get a device password:

1. Go to Facebook settings.
  2. Select Security and Login.
  3. Select Use two-factor authentication.
  4. Select App Passwords
  5. Click Generate
  6. Click Generate App Passwords.
  7. If needed, enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
  8. Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you.

You can use it, with your Facebook email address as username, to log into Spotify directly on any device. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Hey @osornios,

Unfortunately it did not work. I am trying to login to the Spotify app of my Logitech media server. I tried it with my normal Facebook credentials with two factor authentication disabled and I tried the way you were suggesting in your post. Didn't work either. As user name I was using the email address I use to sign in to Facebook. Did I miss something or do you have another idea?

I figured it out. I was using the wrong plugin for the server. Now I use a different and it's working. Thanks for your help 🙂

Nice! Glad I was able to help. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I received the same error message when trying to get me a device-passwort created. I´m trying to connect my onkyo receiver with my spotify account, it worked until i disconnected the receiver. Now the Receiver-App wants me to enter my credentials again, what a I did according to you advice - via facebook security.

I wonder why spotify.com doesn´t find my email adresse, it can be read in my account settings ...

Possible Solution is to use the us-site of spotify via this link: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/

Suggested posts